Great price for Ferret Nation / Critter Nation cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgphan31

If you're looking for a Ferret Nation or Critter Nation cage, this site has the lowest prices I've found:

http://www.forhappydogs.com/c-34-for-your-other-pets.aspx

Also, you can avoid paying shipping by price-matching at www.petsmart.com

They charge you up front for the full amount and then credit you the difference once the order ships. I just bought mine from petsmart and got the price match so let me know if you have any questions!

:D

How do you do the price match online? I want to get my boys a FN but the petsmarts here in Virginia Beach do not carry them. Can't beat the price on the other site especially if I can get free shipping through Petsmart. Just don't see an option to price match.

Thanks for the tip! I've been trying to find a decent price on the Critter Nation but kept running into the problem of either lower price, high shipping or higher price, free shipping. I had no idea that Petsmart online did price matching!

Thanks for the tip! I've been trying to find a decent price on the Critter Nation but kept running into the problem of either lower price, high shipping or higher price, free shipping. I had no idea that Petsmart online did price matching!

Do it soon if you're considering it. I think they may be getting a bit skeptical on the deal. Mine took a full day to get supervisor approval for the price. Apparently they rarely approve price matches with stores who are simply online only...they're not true competitors is what they told me. When I called today to check on the status of the price match the lady said she was shocked they did approve it. Hope you get it!!

Dang, I just tried to get the price matched and received this reply:

Dear Emily,

Thank you for contacting PetSmart regarding the Ferret Nation - Double Unit With Stand.

We would not be able to price match the item because it is not the exact same item we carry online. The Midwest Ferret Nation Double Unit Home with Stand we offer has UPC of 027773015192 and the UPC from the link you provided is 027773006602. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any other questions or need additional information, please let us know. Thank you for shopping with PetSmart for all your pet supply needs.

Sincerely,

Adam
PetSmart Customer Care
Phone: 1-888-839-9638

I actually called and spoke with a representative. She asked for the site and the item I was buying. When I got off the phone she said my card would be charge the full amount, but once a supervisor approved the price match I would be credited back the difference. Yesterday I called to check the status of the match, and was told it was approved. Today it shipped, and shortly after midnight my credit was back on my account. So maybe try calling and speaking directly to someone to place your order?

The issue with the UPC is that forhappydogs.com is advertising the 182 model but the UPC is for the 142 model. Gives Petsmart the loophole they need to deny a pricematch.

This is why many stores have their own unique model#/UPC for electronics. They advertise price matching but, know they won't have to actually do it.

ETA: Good luck with the pricematching. I remember awhile back Petsmart (or it might have been Petco) stopped price matching online retailers because, they were losing too much money from CnH members spreading the word about the Kennelvet deal. lol

Last edited:
We ordered the 142 that was on the forhappydogs website, but received the 182 from Petsmart. I called just to do the right thing and let them know and this is the basic response I got, as well as some information for anyone else interested in doing it.

Basically Petsmart no longer carries the 142 unless a store physically has them in stock. The code on the competitor site is for the 182 which most likely means they no longer have them either and have not updated their site. So if you call and tell them you are purchasing the 142 the codes won't match up and you will be denied. If you let them know the code is for the 182 it will and you have a better shot of getting approved. They don't look at the product, just the code so as they match up with what you're purchasing you're good. I guess I just got lucky I had someone who compared the code with the 182 and was approved because this is not the process I took. Good luck to anyone else trying it. Hope it works for you!

Petsmart online has the critter nation on sale for $219 with free shipping right now plus $5 off with code PET7PERKS12

Last edited:
I just got the FN 181 for $105 (including shipping) using the ferret.com sale and the $10 off code SPFERRDL. What an awesome deal!

Latest posts

Back