• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grape vine! blackberry & more. Bulk available!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenanigans

I've got a ton of grape vine I'm processing (hopefully tonight). It's all pesticide free, organic, and to be quite honest there's a bunch of unwanted vines creeping out over other plants. So I've got pretty much as much as any chin could want and way more than my little guy can chew. They're boiled, scrubbed, dried and baked to remove any dirt/bugs/microbes and my little guy's been eating it for about a year now.
Flavor wise: My Yuki likes grape vine as much as his apple, and more than pear or blackberry. To my knowledge he hasn't had other branch flavors :)
I do have the other three (apple, pear, and blackberry) available, but the pear and apple are in very limited amounts and the blackberry's a pain to de-thorn. If you want some I'll happily prepare it, but i suggest only getting a small amount first to taste test (We'd both feel bad if i de-thorned and you bought a huge box and the chinny didn't like it). Every chins got their own favorites.

Prices- I dont have a store set up, but I do have a paypal to accept payment. I'm asking shipping plus a little to cover the whole labor and material thing. For Grape, I was thinking USPS small flat rate box full for about $15 (about the size of a VHS tape, the shipping will be about $5-6 of that $15). I can also do medium ($12 shipping +???)or large flat rate($17 shipping +???), other kinds of boxes, or other mail carriers. Let me know in general where you are and how much you want and I'll come up with a price. I don't really know what prices are going for per pound of grapevine, so I'm happy to work with you, especially getting in bulk. Same with blackberry but I'll add a dethorning fee for the extra work (probably a couple dollars, depending on order size) Apple and Pear are probably only going to be in a "variety pack" with the other two since they're limited. I'm not sure who shipping plant stuff works internationally, so let me know if you're interested and I'l try to figure it out when it crops up. (To the Canadians-I'm in Michigan maybe the shipping will be cheaper!?)

I'm also happy to trade small amounts for other flavors to try out, toys or treats-just let me know what you'd like to trade. I'll probably accept anything that's a fair trade for any amount of grapevine (have i mentioned there's a ton?).

I can also do batches throughout the summer (and maybe winter depending on how deep the snow gets :) ) Just PM me or reply here whenever you want some. (plus I'm looking into thorn-less blackberry and some other plants, so my flavors may grow!)

Let me know what you want! Make an offer/trade!

Would people rather i figured out a per pound or per box size price? I'm trying to figure out a fair price for both of us.

And know that a lot of times flat rate wont be the best price, sticks are light enough that closer places may benefit from other shipping ways, if you send me a zipcode i can play around with carriers and box types and sizes to figure it out, USPS is nice and gives boxes free, otherwise i have to find something. Also, I would tend to ship Prioriy mail through USPS, let me know if you'd like it another way.

I keep trying to figure out what else I can add! Let me know what you want- maybe that's the best place to start while I'm swirling numbers around in my head and finding a scale to weigh the grape vines.

Whoops! I keep taking more than 10 minutes to edit, sorry about the multipul posts!

boxes (and these will be packed in)
Small flat rate 8.625 x 5.375 x 1.625 inches, $5.80 plus cost of sticks=$15
medium flat rate 11 x 8.5 x 5.5 inches, $12.35 shipping + cost of sticks=$ does 50 seem fair???
large flate rate: 12 x 12 x 5.5 inches,$17.45 shipping + cost of sticks=$oh dear i dont even know, 75???
(i keep trying to math it, medium is about 7 times more volume than small but i wont ask $80+ for it [7*$10 plus shipping]:vomit: I just can't make the math side of my brain work with the not have worked for free side :banghead: I'm not even sure my numbers are in the right ball park. suggestions are appreciated)

7x7x6 priority mail- I've used these before and think it was about $7 to ship to CA from MI, volume is roughly four times the small flat rate/half the medium-price will vary with shipping maybe around $35?

My scale is elusive at the moment so per pound will have to be left for later.

(now when writing flat rate so often my finger want to put flate everytime :) )

Please, Pm me with what you want size/pricewise. I may be doing this on an individual basis until I get it figured out more. :hmm:

I haven't weighed each yet-I promise that's coming soon! I went to Walmart and they were out of half their scales. Tomorrow I'm going over a couple cities for a family thing and I'll pick one up if I havent run out to a different store by then. I'll let you guys know asap. I'm finished a bunch last night, and am planning on cooking more through the weekend and next week.
My computer's being a pain with pictures but I'm going to be borrowing another and giving this to a friend to fix stuff so hopefully I can add those soon. (everything just comes up as a white box??? or that white/gray checkerboard that's supposed to be nothing???)
I haven't got to branches thick enough for coins yet (There's acres of plants that haven't been trimmed back in a few years, so they may be gotten to once I've got the edges back a bit-we'll see) Sizes range from tiny tendrils that the vines use to climb-which my chin thinks are treats not chews even though he gets grapevine constantly- all the way to sticks thicker than my thumb. If you ask for certain sizes I can try to separate it out, but otherwise it's just a mix.
When I get to bigger pieces of wood I can look into hardware and more toys.

Whew! busy day. I found out some family has poplar trees they dont want so I'll be working on that when I finish with the grape people want (I can also mix&match grapevine, poplar, and blackberry in whatever amounts)
As for weight, a friend weighed hers and said her 14x12x10 box full was 7.5-8 pounds. (it's slightly larger than the larger flat rate and she's used some alrready) I'll try to get a price per pound worked out for each size box when I get enough to pack them all full. I won't be on here most of tomorrow, so I'm sorry if I don't respond right away.

EDIT: I forgot to add-the poplar are larger saplings so I will likely have toys and ledges available, but those will take time to get hardware and put together.

Last edited:
Ok. I've got a bunch of Grape vine done, and a bunch left to do on current orders. For those wanting to know weights, a medium flat rate box is about 2 pounds, because vine is so light when fully dried out. (photo 1 is a medium box, with a little room left for some blackberry) I am also working on the poplar sticks-I have a lot of logs that have a diameter close to between a dime and quarter (photo 2 has them drying before baking). Coins and anything drilled or with hardware is going to have to wait-there was a pallet accident with a few smashed fingers that are purple black and blue.

NEW PRICING (my last was a little confusing)

Grape Vine
Small Flat Rate $15
Medium Flat Rate $70
Large Flat Rate $100

Poplar
~twigs
Small Flat Rate $15
Medium flat rate $55
Large flat rate $85
~logs
Small Flat Rate $15
Medium flat rate $50
Large flat rate $75

Blackberry
Small flat rate $20
larger sizes-contact me

All have shipping included in price, price changes will be posted as I become accustomed to processing larger amounts and figure out the hours/material costs (and after i get my electric bill this month)
More wood kinds and toys/perches/other coming soon!
Please contact for not flat-rate shipping or mixed wood box prices, or anything else I can do for you. Also, I will try to post photos and weights of the boxes as some ship to help you know what you're getting, but weights may vary for particular boxes) I cook to order, so if I've got a lot of orders it may take a few days to cook and send out.

Attachments

• 0610141743.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 327
  • 0610141744.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 326
I also want some popular twigs, mine seem to like all kinds of twigs so I will take a large flat rate of those if you have it? Let me know, you don;t have to put the popular in my grape vine order. No rush, just pm me a total to zip 94063

I can make as much blackberry as you want :) It'll be more than the Poplar and stuff because of the thorn removal. I can do $20 for a small flat rate full. If you want more than that though let me know.

What might you have along the lines of Legdes Etc, as well as Price. Never had any other type of ledges for my herd other than Apple they may very well like other kinds :thumbsup:

I dont have ledges done yet- the boyfriend who would be doing the big power tools has finger splits on after a work accident. I'm hoping to have some poplar perches done soon though.They're trunk sections of Poplar saplings about a 3 inch diameter and 7 inches long and will have bolt/washer/wingnut hardware to fix to the cage. The first few I boiled scrubbed and baked a couple days ago and they came out very nice. I still have to get the hardware and put it on. There are 5 that have a nice 2 1/2 inch diameter and are up to 10 inches long. I hadn't posted yet because I wasn't sure of the hardware needed to hold up that length or if they'd have to be cut in half and turn into 5 inch long perches :) I'm going to price them around a dollar an inch, so $10 if they end up really long, and $5 if I have to make them short. And I should have more of those to come.
Poplar coins will be available as soon as I have a nice sunny day here to take my thick branches and cut them and cook more. It's been HOT and stormy and way too humid. Even with AC I cant make myself add to it. Coins will be the same price as my poplar twigs for now.
If anyone wants to preorder perches and coins I'll do that, but I'm waiting to see how the ledges turn out (and maybe some half perches) before making promises.

Price bump-so you don't have to search.
Grape Vine
Small Flat Rate $15
Medium Flat Rate $70
Large Flat Rate $100

Poplar
~twigs (or pre-order coins)
Small Flat Rate $15
Medium flat rate $55
Large flat rate $85
~logs
Small Flat Rate $15
Medium flat rate $50
Large flat rate $75
~(preorder Perches)
$1 per inch lenght, about 2 1/2 inches diameter

Blackberry
Small flat rate $20
larger sizes-contact me

Pear/Apple available in small amounts and in mixed boxes. PM me with what you'd like and I'll try to work something out.

Please contact me if there's anything special or custom I can do for you! I have plenty of Poplar, grapevine, and blackberry. If you have anything special you want made, just contact me.

all paid orders are shipped or are going with me to the post office now. Thank you all and let me know what the chins think!
I have enough Poplar twigs finished for 2-3 large flat rate boxes, and enough Poplar logs finished for a medium flat rate. I'm hoping to pull down what I'm calling a "waterfall" of grapevine that has taken over a tree today so I should have a bunch of grapevine cooked in the next week or so. I have a few small blackberry orders, but not enough to cook more than a batch or two so let me know if you're interested so I cut enough from the patch. I do fill orders first come first serve, but there isn't a long list of orders right now, so let me know when you figure out what you want!
It looks like I may have hands to help me with powertooling this weekend, weather permitting, so I should have more goodies for you guys very soon!

all paid orders have shipped! I've got extra poplar and grape cooked so any orders of those can ship out right away! I've got coins ready to go out as well. Pictures and sizes should be up either tomorrow or later this weekend. Also, I've got apple cooking after the holiday weekend (same prices as grapevine) as well as finishing up perches and ledges!
Happy Forth of July weekend everyone!

Do you still have Grapevine and Apple? If so I'll take a medium box of each. I've never tried Blackberry so would also be interested in a small box. Let me know. Thanks!!

Back