Goodbye Phillip

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

I didn't know my boy was sick until yesterday. He was only a year old. I'm sick to my stomach right now. He was a sweetie who loved to laze around. He crossed the bridge this morning after putting up the best fight he could. I never thought I would lose a chin so young. I wish I knew what had happened. Rest in peace little one <3

1e3da323.jpg

37d60b8d.jpg

a8311e93.jpg

I am so sorry you lost your baby. Both you and he fought so hard. Stay strong and keep his memory alive with you for a lifetime.

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping to do something special to remember him. I have a lock of his hair the vet gave me, but Im still to upset to really think about it :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sudden, unexpected deaths are the hardest. :flowers5:

Perhaps having a necropsy done will help you cope and give you some answers.

Thanks so much everyone! I'm calling my vet Monday to see if the results of his xray came in. I'm interested to know what it showed. Would it be suggested to contact the breeder and let her know he passed?

I buried him in the front yard, under my dad's lace leaf tree. I thought about having him cremated, but it's not something I could have afforded. The cost of cremation covers the cost of my dog's meds for a month :/

I put together a picture frame with the fur the vet cut off for me and several of Phillip's pictures:

ef575fae.jpg

I'm not sure what else it needs?

Back