Goodbye my sweet little Skippy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Skippy

:cry3: I never thought I would find myself in this section but here I am. Some of you may have known that Skippy wasn't well lately. She has always suffered from constipation and now, even though she was on a laxative, she stopped going to the toilet last Thursday evening. I brought her straight to the vet on Friday morning and she took her in for an enema. Unfortunately, she never really recoverd from the sedation and around 6 p.m. on Friday 13th, she passed away in the vets.

I have not been able to stop crying for the whole weekend. I cannot believe that one minute she was here and the next she was gone. I cannot get over the fact that I will never hold her sweet furry body or get to give her kisses and cuddles ever again. She was my one and only baby for 6 years, 2 months and 18 days.

I feel so sad that I was not there with her when she passed away. I hope she did not think that I abandoned her or that I did not love her. I know in my heart that I did the right thing for her and I always have for all the years that she suffered with this problem. I just cannot bear to see that big empty cage in "Skippy's" room. There is something that belongs to her in almost every room in the house and it is just so hard to see. I will miss her and love her for the rest of my life.

Goodbye my sweet baby girl. Please always know that I love you with all of my heart and I will never, ever forget you.

Christina, I am very sorry to hear about your sweet baby Skippy. I know you will be together again someday, over the rainbow bridge--until then may her memories always bring you joy.

Christina - I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that Skippy knows you didn't abandon her. She knows how much you loved her, even if you weren't there at the very moment of her passing.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Rest in piece sweet baby Skippy. She is your chinnie angel now. She knows how much you love her.:angel6:

Awh poor Skippy. Rest in peace lil girl! Hope you're ok too Christina x x

I'm sorry

All
As someone who knows Christina and had the pleasure of knowing Skippy I can't begin to explain the love and attention she showered on the little creature.

Skippy was loved by everyone but no-one more than Christina.

Rest in Peace Skippy

Diarmuid

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers4:

It's especially difficult when they are taken from us so suddenly and unexpectedly.

Thank you for all of your kind words. I know many of you know how hard this is so I really appreciate it.

It is so hard to believe that she was running around the kitchen just a few days ago and now she is gone. What I hate is that at the moment, all my memories feel like they are so far away. It feels like it was months and months ago when I saw her last and I wish they were all more vivid. I know in time it will probably get better but right now, I feel that if I don't keep looking at her pictures, I will forget the details of her little face

We are having her cremated so we hope to get her ashes back in a couple of weeks. I thought it was the most fitting way because it just didn't sit well with me to bury her. I also thought it was nice because she really loved having her sand baths so now she will become sand forever.

It was so strange last night to be wandering around the house with nothing to do. Even my poor parents are lost without her. Dad often let her out for me and now he doesn't know what to do with himself on those nights. Throughout the day Mam always made sure her room didn't get too much sun or it didn't get too hot and she would close the door if my nieces were too loud.

Now we can't bear to have the door to her room open because the first thing you see is her big empty cage. And then on the locker in the room, all her syringes are laid out ready for use - one for the laxative, one for her water, one for the metoclop and one for gas drops when she needed them. My room is full of her toys-wherever I had space I fitted some more toys in, the fridge has her lifeline in it and when we go out to the garage we can see all the cardboard and tubes we used for her for playtime. Gosh, it is just so hard to believe that this is real

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, cremation just seems right for a chin...

You were a great owner, always making sure she got what she needed from the start. She is lucky to have had you, and she wouldn't want you to be sad.

Awww. Sorry to hear about your precious chin. Hugs.

We had our kitty Spencer cremated some years back. His ashes are home with us and I still smooch his little urn from time to time. One day him and the others will rest with me.

My chin Jack is here slowly wasting away with his heart problem. All I can do is keep him comfortable. He knows he's frail. And he knows I am ultra careful with him. He's loved. And he's spoiled rotten. Going to be tough to say goodbye one day. I wouldn't trade any time on this earth for all the days he has with us.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've always fear the day will come for my babies. Though I've never been through the phase of losing any of my pets, I certainly can understand your emptiness your experiencing. The kind of emptiness that makes you wonder what are you going to do without her, where is she now and how she feel the moment her heart stopped. I really hope that you can be strong. I'm sure she knows you love her cause i believe the bond and chemistry between you and Skippy had made her sense the love you have for her. RIP Skippy.

Latest posts

Back