Goodbye, Margot.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZChins

Pro Cage Cleaner Champion
Sahuarita, Arizona (a half hour south of Tucson)
Last night went in to feed the chins and was making my rounds talking to everyone and checking them over.

I got to Margot and Alidia's cage and Margot looked like she was sleeping. I reached in to touch her and she was gone. She looked like a little angel with her head tilted just so as it rested on her paws. She was just gone.

Margot was 19 years old, going for 20. She looked fabulous for a chin of her age and was always friendly, albeit opinionated and a bit bossy. This wonderful little girl was here with me for 8 years. She never was sick and she was a good girl for the most part. There were no symptoms, she just passed away in her sleep.

As much as it hurts to lose her I realize that 19 years of age is a very old chin and she fully took advantage of chinnie long life span. Most likely her heart just stopped or she had something else just wear out. Although, you'd never know it to look at her! She looked like she could have been a chin 10 years younger than she was.

If you ever get the opportunity to take an older chin, do it. It's a very good experience. Margot was 11 when she came here, old in a lot of people's opinions. The eight years I got to take care of her were priceless and precious and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!

Goodbye, Margot. Thank you for being my little girl...I will always love you.

I'm very sorry for your loss Susan. Margot sounds like a wonderful girl. I have a few older folks here and every day they are still here is a blessing.

You're right! Every single day you get to see the older chins having a good life is a giant blessing. It's something that makes each and every day special. There's so many older chins here now that I know they I could lose them at anytime, but it puts things into perspective. We're just going to have fun for as long as we can!

I'm so sorry Susan. It sounds like you gave her a great life, and I am sure she loved and appreciated you!! I hope we're all so lucky to go that way, peacefully in our sleep.

I am so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like she had a good full life and lots of love!

I'm very sorry about Margot. Sounds she had a wonderful life. Rest In Peace little one...

I hope all my boys live that long. I'm sorry for your loss of Margot, Susan. RIP Margot.

So sorry for your loss Susan!

One of my boys is closing in on 14 and although I dread the day when I lose him, I realize that even now he has lived a long, rich life.

Senior animals are such a blessing.

I just lost a 17 year old, the oldies hurt the worst, RIP Margot, you had a wonderful Mom and life.

RIP Margot. Susan, you are a great mom. I can only hope my little puff ball lives that long.

Susan--sorry to hear you lost an old friend. What a lucky girl to have found you. Sounds like she enriched your life. RIP Margot.

I'm sorry. At least she died doing what she loved right to the last second, chillin. Do you have any pictures of her? She sounds very wise and funny. Till you meet again. Rip Margot

I'm sorry to hear this Susan. What a long and wonderful life she lived. And I agree with the others. She was very lucky to have found you.

RIP Margot. Susan you gave her a wonderful chinnie life. It is very special to have an older chin in your presence. You did her good. :)

Back