Good bye Sunny

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starleomach

Dawnna's Keeper
Sunny, a standard shoots male, color phase champ passe away today. After 8 wonderful years of hearing him answer me when I called his name and hearing him chatter at me with each nightly kit feeding. I woke up for Grace's feeding and he was nearly gone, We tried getting to the vet but he passed away In the waiting room. He was Daddy to so many in my herd and is irriplacable for so many many reasons and will be missed for ever I am not sure how I made it through the day. He had GI issues and went into shock in a matter of 3 hours (between Kit feedings for Grace)

My poor nephew who is 8 just said. "I am so sorry Aunt Kristy you can have buddy (his chinchilla) because he is grey and pretty too. I will wait for another chinchilla from you" That set off a whole new set of tears to have such a little man try such a sweet thing. :cry3:

He was such a beautiful boy with so much personality. The chin room is already different without him.

picture.php

I have some Pm's about stuff to answer but I am barely functioning at the moment. I will try to respond tonight I am very sorry.

Oh my ..I am so very sorry that you lost this boy! What a handsome face ..you can just see his personality shining through! :heart:

I was already misty.. but reading the gesture of your young nephew... how sweet of him to be so generous and caring at a time like this.

I am SO sorry Kristy, hang in there...amazing how one little soul can make such a difference in our lives...

Sunny thank you for being such a joy to my friend Kristy. You are a handsome chin and I know will see Kristy again over the rainbow bridge. Until then, enjoy frolicking and all the dust baths you want and all the raisins you want! Nothing can ever hurt you over the rainbow bridge!

I am so incredibly sorry you lost Sunny. A good friend can never be forgotten, and he will always be with you in your heart. Your nephew sounds like such a wonderful boy, how lucky you are! Sunny is always nearby and will be watching over you.

That story brought tears to my eyes - out of the mouths of babes!!
Sorry for your loss, Kristy, at least you've memories and offspring to remember him by!

I'm so sorry Kristy. I remember you talking about him several times.

Rest in peace Sunny. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers5:

His legacy will live on in his many beautiful kits. He will be your Chinnie Angel keeping watch over you and all of your chinnies. :heart:

Kristy, I'm sorry to hear about Sunny. He sounds like he was one of those really special ones that get deep into our hearts. Rest in peace sweetie.

Kristy, I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was quite a character. Your nephew's offer was so touching! I hope you are able to let go fo the sadness soon and keep the happy memories of Sunny in your heart.

Back