Good bye my Sedona

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sierra

You were the best chin a girl could have. You were excellent with Hayley and Rosie didn't mind you teasing her while you were in your cage either. You didn't care what time of day it is or if you were sleeping, you always loved your chin scratches. Hayley could do anything to you and you wouldn't even care.

I know you really enjoyed your brand new ledges that Daddy and I put in for you last night. I really wanted to get your new bridge in too but Daddy wanted to go see a bow for sale at a friend's house. You loved your bridge so much but I think you loved your chin spin the most. I would have to say your clay pot came second.

I just wish I could go back to playtime last night when you were wall surfing and trying to jump over the playpen. I can't believe you are gone because you seemed fine last night. I really wish you made some sort of noise to let me know you wanted more fan toward you. I just feel so guilty because I didn't even think heat stroke would have taken you sometime in the night.

I will miss you great my Sedona. I really wish I could have spent more time saying good bye this morning but I had to go to my first day of class again. I wish it could have been tomorrow so I could have said good bye like I wanted today. I miss and love you so much. I will never forget your popcorning and wall surfing in your cage and out.

:cry3: RIP my baby girl

Thanks everyone. She was definitely a big tubby girl. She's a lot bigger than Phoenix so she gets overheated really easy. How would you cool her down then?

A cold chinchiller, some use frozen water bottles wrapped in fleece. The easiest thing is to make sure they don't get overheated in the first place. It sounds like she got overheated during playtime from the wording you used.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

I second what Laura said. The place to make sure she stays cool is during playtime, not rather than after. Either crank the a/c down to a much lower temp or don't have play time when it's so hot outside. I know I have had a heck of a time this summer keeping my barn where I want it because of the heat and humidity. I'm sure you guys have had it just as bad.

So sorry for you loss of Sedona..she sounds like she was a really great chin. Just remember she is always looking down on you from Heaven and will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge when it is time for you both to be together again.

Rest in peace sweet Sedona:angel7::flowers5:

I am so, so sorry. I'm going to be extra cautious about the weather in my room, though. These memorials always get to me and I end up doing something special or something I've been putting off that could be done now for Chloe.

Do you have a thermometer/hygrometer? That may help if you don't and especially since you will be able to see what temp/humidity it is if you ever see your chins getting hot so you can figure out their personal limits, so to speak. You can also get a window unit for the room for about $100, again if you don't have one (I have no idea, I apologize if my advice isn't applicable--I don't mean to be inconsiderate in this sad time).

I remember posts about Sedona, instantly recognized the name and was saddened when I fully read the title. It must have been especially hard that you had to go to class afterwards, but that is commendable. I don't know if I would have been able to and I certainly wouldn't have paid any attention whatsoever. Again, I'm very sorry.

The worst thing is that I had to drop Hayley off at the sitters then go home and bury her in the backyard then leave for class so I really didn't get to say good bye. Thanks for your advice. It definitely has been a horrible learning experience that I don't want to learn about again so Dustin has decided to rig something up so that she always has a place to go to stay cool. He wants to make a bed so that we can put a ice pack in there and put the chin chiller on top of it.

I do have a chin chiller but she never used it for some reason. She would lay in her clay pot since that was cool but never on her wheel either. It has been really hot and I would try to make sure she wasn't hot. It was really hard to tell since Phoenix's ears would turn red where Sedona's were black.

We want to get another one but we are going to wait a couple of months so that I can say good bye to Sedona first then try again with another one. Our bedroom is on the top floor and it's been horrible keeping it cool. I was planning on buying a window air conditioner at the end of summer when they go on sale but now I just wish I spent the money.

It has been extremely hard for me being at class (like now) because I would read all your guys comments and tears would come to my eyes and I would have to try and not to cry.

Our dog Rosie even knew something was up when I buried Sedona today which was really sad. While I was digging the hole, Rosie would stand over the box that held Sedona and then when I would stop and cry she would come over to me and wag her tail then walk over to Sedona again. It was so nice to see but hard at the same time. After I buried her Rosie just stood there, looking at me while I walked away. When I called her she came to me but kept looking at me then looking in the direction where Sedona was laid to rest. That was hard too.

The wierd thing is that last Thursday I purchased a baby hedgehog from a local breeder that I named her Kimmy so it's like she came to me right when I was going to lose Sedona.

There is an old adage that says that every time a soul leaves this earth another comes into take its place. This is what happened with your new hedgie baby, she came in at a time when she was needed to fill avoid.
Take time to mourn Sedona but remember life is for rejoicing of the times you had with her and the times you will have with Kimmy and Phoenix. I hope your heart heals quickly!

I'm so sorry for your loss :flowers4:

Nothing any of us can say will make you feel better, so don't be too hard on yourself. Sedona knew that she was loved and is now watching over you from Chinnie Heaven.

I have frozen water bottles in fleece covers for putting in their cages on really hot days, trips in the car and after playtime if they've gotten too hot. They can lay beside them or over them to get cool.

I am very sorry for your loss, try not to blame yourself as we all make mistakes. But you really need AC and no play time on hot days. Size has nothing to do with getting too hot any size can over heat easily

I am very sorry for your loss, try not to blame yourself as we all make mistakes. But you really need AC and no play time on hot days. Size has nothing to do with getting too hot any size can over heat easily

That's a very kind words. I made mistaks in the past, too, and learn lessons in hard ways. It still makes me cry when I hear words like yours. Let's all try to be better chin moms (dads) day after day.

There is an old adage that says that every time a soul leaves this earth another comes into take its place. This is what happened with your new hedgie baby, she came in at a time when she was needed to fill avoid.

I really believe that is what happened because a friend of mine wanted Phoenix because she just loved her when she came to visit so I let her take her so that's why we got Kimmy so to me, it was a good decision to get Kimmy since I would absolutely hate the FN to be empty. ;)

Last night, I went into the bedroom and just stared at Sedona's half and it just seemed so bare and quiet because she would always stand at the front on her hind legs reaching her paw out to you when you came into the room. Then I just layed my head and arms in her cage and just cried. I wish the bed liners smelt more like her instead of pee so I could smell her one last time. Rosie was right next to be the whole time just sitting there letting me hug her head and get tears all over the top of it. I cleaned the cage and put a fresh liner in so it will be ready for the next chin in a while.

I have never had a dog that was so understanding as Rosie. It was so crazy to see how she reacted yesterday. She has never left my side since. Even though she normally don't but I know this time is different.

Thank you all of you. Believe it or not, this really helps to talk to you guys.

I am so sorry that Sedona is gone :( She sounds like she was very special, and that always make it so difficult to accept the loss. May she r.i.p.

I'm so sorry :( heat stroke just happened to my baby too. But I got there when he was halfway through it and though I'm thankful I got home when I did, he has neurological damage and is not doing so well....I didn't go to my first day of classes because I was up all night and day with him making sure he was okay. I'm so sorry you're having to go to class like this, I know how panicked you must have felt having to leave her. Feel better soon! And I am so glad you have a new baby :), that helped me in the past too when I had a chin pass.

Back