Goji Berry Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
I give dried papaya, goji berries, dried blue berries and rose hips as treats. Also oats, shreddies, cheerios. All in moderation, of course.

Of all the treats the chins seem to enjoy the goji berries the most.

Are the goji berries I see in the health food store good for chins as long as they are organic and have no sulfites?

Thank you,

Faye

I purchase my organic goji berries from:

www.mountainroseherbs.com

I have actually never seen them in a store but if they are organic, i would think they should be fine.

I really only give them to my chins very sparingly, maybe 1 time every other week or less, with the exception of my one chin, Richie. He has malo and does not eat many treats. Each night he gets one small berry.

The only other dried fruit that i have ever used is Papaya. I purchased a finger size piece at Wegemans and cut it into little pieces, about the size of a pencil eraser. I have given my chins one small piece one time but I noticed one boy got loose stool for a day, so that will only be used in the case of hard poops.

When you say in moderation, that means different things to different people. I wouldnt mess around too much with the dried fruit. It can really mess with their digestion. very small piece very sparingly.

They are safe but they are on the same line as a raisin just less sugar. If you Google them or click on the link above it will give you a sugar breakdown.
My chins do love them.

yes they are definitely safe. and i am sure one time per week is fine, although your chins may think more often!!

The girls get one goji weekly, usually on Wednesdays. I like their nutritional contest and the chins like the berry.

Not to steal your thread.........but I never tried blue berries. They are loaded with antioxidents. I'll give them a try. Dried of course. Thanks for the post.

Once in a while I cut up little slivers of fresh apples and give them out. Some love them and some don't.

Back