Friend's nightmare...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikayla

Okay, so this is a long story...

My friend's mom had some family friends who had a daughter with three kids that they didn't realize lived in the same town, so they decided to go and visit...when they arrived the mother was hungover, they 13 year old boy was stoned out of his mind, the sixteen year old was on the couch making out with her boyfriend while the two toddlers were playing and they sixteen year old's baby slept COVERED in puke (on the floor), it had obviously thrown up while asleep, and the other baby was sleeping on the ground with a horridly dirty diaper. So they stayed, talked to the mom and then they cam up with the conclusion that Alicia (my friend's mom) would watch the kids during the day. It turned out that this lady was out on bond and the was awaiting sentencing for 2nd offense drug dealing (This is all from my friend's mouth, so if my law language is wrong...sorry) This started the next week.

The mother's baby was named Fona, and the two toddlers were named Flora, and Junior. These were the kids they baby sat, after about a month of baby sitting from dawn to dusk and quite ofter for days at a time, the mom said that when she went to jail (I think that she's going for quite a while) that she would sign the kids over to Alicia to adopt, the deal was that she would not turn them in to Health and Human Services. She started keeping them for over a week at a time. The family has five kids of their own ages, 5, 8, 9, 11, and 14. The kids fit in like puzzle pieces. They really did, I met Flora, and Junior, and they were perfectly happy, like they never knew that there was anything wrong. (I actually rocked both kids to sleep that night, precious, they never had been rocked to sleep, sad...) Well, then this family went on a cruise, the kids obviously didn't go and when Alicia got back the mother had been visited by the social worker form Health and Human Services. The mom wouldn't let the kids even see Alicia. They haven't seen them since.

The entire family misses them to death, and they have no way to see them, the mom goes to court for sentencing on April 14, is there anything that they can do at all? I didn't figure they would, but my friend Taylar, the oldest child, misses the kids terribly, but she doesn't want to see them be put into foster care, when the ordeal happened, a social worker had visited the house and talked to them about the fact that the baby sat them, what had happened and things. But is there anything they can do?

Sorry for the confusing story, but I know everyone on here is very wise.

Thanks!

Wow, I have no idea, I wouldn't think so if they have any say since they aren't blood relation. But I wanted to say sorry they are going through this. I'm feel bad for your friends but even more so for the kids. :(

They can report them if things are bad at their house, even the older children can report the bad conditions at their house. The other family can then offer to foster them until the state decides what to do.

Otherwise they can wait for the mom to go to jail, and try to get her to sign then. Other than that, there's nothing they can really do legally since nothing was signed.

Yeah the only thing I know is if the mother signed over legal guardianship to them for the kids while she was in jail. Other than that, I have no idea. And those poor kids, I hope things work out for them.

Back