Food Treats and Hay.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinowner

Right now i can only buy what pet stores sell so i was wondering if what im feeding my little guy is ok.

Right now im feeding him Living World Classic for Chinchillas but going to switch over to Living World Healthy Timothy for Chinchillas. Or should i look into another brand?.

For treats i have been giving him one banana chip or rasin every other day but i heard they are not good. So what kind of treats so i give him that will be fine?

Everyday maya get Timothy Hay but i went out and bought some Timothy Chews and Alfalfa Chews he will have during his playtime. But i have seen some bags of Timothy Toppings with Fruit Timothy Toppings with Vegetables and Timothy Toppings with Flowers & Herbs. Are they ok to get or should i stay away from them?

Why not buy online. There is an online store that a member runs in Ontario. Zoey and Lilo's Toybox. She has safe treats, pellets, fleece items and toys.

I do know a member on the Canadian forum that is from your province and is able to get safe pellets and treats.

There are better pellets options than the one you are giving. Oxbow or Mazuri are in Canada. For treats, no fruit (dried or dehydrated even) or veggies. Try rosehips.

Nothing against people who sell here i rather buy for a pet store if possible.

Out of oxbow and mazuri what would be the most recommended?

At the pet store here I can get Mazuri Chinchilla Diet a 2.5 lb bag for 9.99 or i can get Oxbow Chinchilla Deluxe Food a 5 lb bag for 16.99.

Also should it matter the type of bath he uses?

For pellets, either of those is fine. You won't find a lot of safe items at pet stores which is why many chin owners shop online.

Either Blue Cloud or Blue Sparkle are both excellent dust choices.

Back