FN Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill of Beans

Sleeps with one eye open.
I have a FN 142, and have the chance to get a 143 attachment for next to nothing. I was considering adding it to my current cage -making it a triple-decker.

Those of you with FN cages, do any of you have triple levels? What are the pros/cons of it and if you had the choice again - would you go to 3 levels?

Wouldn't you get it anyway? I know i would for next to nothing....You could even just have it as a floor cage or something...Get a base for it.

Do you have all 5 chins in the one FN 142 cage?

Get it anyway. Personally, I would get it and save it for when I could buy a 141, then add on to it. I wouldn't want to add it to my 142 though, because I just think that's way too high and I wouldn't be able to interact with my babies.

But if you get it and save it for a 141 or add a bottom to it like mentioned above, you could have a whole other cage. But that's just my two cents! :)

I was planning on getting it regardless, just trying to determine if I'm going to make a 3 level highrise for Soot, Klinger and Tommy. No...all 5 are NOT in one FN142. Three of my boys are in the FN 142, the other 2 are in a Massive Super Pet cage.

I'd get a 141 and add the 143. I wish I could get a 143 for next to nothing! :lol: I love my FN. :)

I don't have a triple decker as my ceiling is sloped and where my chins are located the 3 story wouldn't work. I know a lot of people who love theirs though. It is very tall, and depending on your height you may have to use a step stool to clean it and see the chins and such. The chins really seem to like being that high though.

wow so lucky! I would totally get it without even having to think about it. I dunno about a triple decker though, personally i'd just use it as another cage so when I get a chance to get another deck, i'd add the 141 onto it....so luckyyyy

We used to have 3 levels- but I am short so it was too hard to clean the top level!! We just took the top level off and made it a single cage. If you dont mind using a stool to clean or you are tall go for it!! (Our chins loved when we had 3 levels because they liked being up high and looking down over everything)

I personally opted against the3rd level because I like to be able to see the chins. I'm only 5'5 so a third level will tower over me, and would make cleaning and checking on the chins rather difficult.

I JUST had this dillemma yesterday evening. We got our new boy Charger and I didnt know if we should get the top level or a 141. We decided on a 141 because of the height (I am only 5'2) and because we like to have the extra shelf and it wasnt that much more on kennelvet.com

Back