flying saucer or wheel?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mothergoose

Was wondering which one chin owners prefer the saucer or the wheel? Sounds like which came first, the chicken or the egg! I have a wheel that they love, but when I expand their cage, I will get another one. Just wondering which one I should get.

Personally I like the Chin Spin wheel because it takes up less floor space.

I just installed a Flying Saucer. I LOVE it and my chin LOVES it too. It is dead quiet. It does take up a good portion of the bottom of her cage. I have her house, a chinchiller stone, her pellet bowl on the bottom of the cage. There is not much open room left. Her shelving, pvc tubes, hay feeder and hanging toys are all on the next two upper levels of her cage.

Started off with a Saucer (metal one, not plastic) and then added a Chin Spin later on to the same cage and I noticed the boys seemed to spend more time on their Chin Spin than Saucer. Had to separate that quad though so now they have no choice b/c one pair has the CS and the other the Saucer. Just got another CS for another boy and still need two more soon. I'm going with CS's from now on b/c they are less expensive and the boys do seem to really enjoy them. That said, if I came across a used Saucer I wouldn't hesitate to buy it but they rarely come available and when they do, the ones I've seen look to be in quite bad shape and people want a lot of $$$ for them so that's just the way it is. Either one is an excellent wheel though.

Latest posts

Back