Ferret supplies?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote unsafe, but could be mistaken. The straps are not fleece and have threads that are harmful to your chin. I'm assuming the eyes and eyebrows are some sort of other material as well. As well as having plastic clips. Stick to materials that are 100% fleece with hidden stitching and you should be all right.

ferret hammocks and sleeping house type things that are made of any kind of fabric are not safe for chins. ferret items often have plastic buckles, nylon straps, exposed stitching, etc. all not safe for chins. ferret toys are not safe for the same reasons.

that monkey hammock thing states 'plush and fleece for durability and superior comfort'. plush is not fleece, and is not safe for chins. any fabric other than fleece will come apart in strands, posing impaction hazards and toe/tooth entanglement hazards.

better to get a hammock from one of our members here. I recommend AnnieO, her fleece items are high quality and she has a number of different fleece patterns available. i've bought a fleece set from her and my boys love it.

the reason we give chins toys is so they can chew them. this keeps their teeth worn down and keeps them entertained. all of my boys' toys are fully chewable/consumable by them, made from wood, pumice, loofah, vine, etc.

Last edited:
Back