Ferret Nation SHELF

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillin2005

Shadow's mom
I need to replace the Ferret Nation SHELF plastic pan ASAP its getting yellow no matter how hard I clean it. Do they make bass pans that are the size of the shelf? if so where, and what size? Any other ideas to replace the plastic pan but keep the shelf so he can have a third level?

I don't use my shelves at all. Not even the support things. I don't use the ramps or covers either. If you want, I can send them to you? One pan is cracked from shipping, so I'll leave that up to you. You can PM me if you want to discuss more!

Vinegar will break up the urine on the pan and you can wrap it in fleece but there is still risk they will suddenly decide to chew on them so it's best replaced. Bass is in process of marketing a shelf pan. They will make one if you email them.

You can also use wood to cover the shelf wire or just replace the whole shelf with a wood one. We are in process of doing that. We just failed to take in to account the fact the inside shelf dimensions are not 24" like the full side dimensions so we have to cut a couple inches off our boards before we put the hardware on them. There are also all sorts of fancy feeding shelves with food dish holders and sometimes toy or wood troughs if you go wandering around the vendor sites. Then there are lots of small ledges of various woods you can put in instead of one big shelf. One of our used FN cages came with a whole bunch of 8x8" shelves going in spirals around the sides and back.

Back