Feisty Ferret Wheel Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipandChipMom

Hi All!
So my dad bought me a feisty ferret for my first chin before I could really request anything cause that's just how he is. And now I'm too poor to afford a Ferret Nation (with no luck from craigslist either).
I've been reading on this forum for like the last hour trying to figure out what wheel is best for the cage I have with little success.
I see most use the Chin Spin HOWEVER I need 2 because my chins don't care for each other enough to share a cage. Therefore I'm leaning more towards the silver surfer wheels because they are cheaper, and have really good reviews. BUT there's no word on how silver surfers work in the feisty ferret.
Any advice would be lovely. And if it needs to be the chin spin I will be more than happy to take the hit to my bank account. But I figured I'd ask before buying anything.

THANKS!!

Do they each have their own cage or is the cage separated into two halves? I have that cage as of right now and I think either would work. I do know for a fact the Chin Spin works in the FF. It just depends how much room you have in there with all their stuff.

They are in separate cages now but to save space I'm considering splitting the feisty ferret in half. I want them both to have a wheel to keep them busy during the night. I let them out to play to exercise at night them but they're still super energetic when I'm trying to fall asleep. I figured it'd be better with them running on a wheel then crashing around their cage.

You may just want to get one wheel for now, I gave Woodrow one and he never used it, you can ask around here too, you never know who may have a used one laying around. I saw someone had a silver surfer I saw recently. That's how I got a flying saucer. =) Just make sure you find a pan or tile for the second level if you do split it, the wiring flooring of that cage isn't safe for them. On the bottom level I switched around the pan and wire and it works out great, my fleece extends over the edges so they can't chew it.

Back