Favorite Chinchilla fur color

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahdear

Give me a reason why you like this fur color. Do you have a chinchilla this color if so what is its name? Thanks everyone!

I have to say after the first time I saw my extra dark ebony girl in person, I just fell in love with her. Its not just her dark color, but her fur is shiny and soooo soft! Her name is Candy (we sorta have a food theme going on here)

Of course I love all the colors really. What's not to love (lol)
~Barb~

I love Mosaics. They are so unique and each of them are different! I also love beiges- those ear freckles give me the giggles!

I have one Mosaic chin named Binx.

I love extra dark ebonies and whites. So pretty. :D

I am partial to owning standards though. It seems that most people (not saying here, but just in general) look over the standards. Makes me sad. They are such cute little creatures.

As of right now, I love Standards. I have one named Edwardo. I also have a beige. But who knows! But, I donno, I just always liked standards.. ^_^

I love them all!! LOL

I like Violet, particularly ..and very dark Standards ..and little "purple eyed" Beige kids! My dream Chin'kid is a Pink White, but I am concerned that the white will be hard to keep clean :p

Sapphire, Black velvet and standards are my favorites. My mom (who is my partner in crime) loves tans and ebonies

I really love the fur color of the homo-beige, but I don't like the lighter red eyes. I have a hetero-beige, dark burgandy eyes, with pretty fur (she's a sweetie too, my Weeko!).

My number one favorite is mosaic because you'll never see two that look alike. I have a mosaic named Tinkerbell.

A close second would be a black velvet. There's just something about a deep, shiny black coat that looks so luxurious.

Out of all my 8 chins my favorite fur color is by far violet. My violet boy is named Mick St. John after a tv character private detective vampire.
What I love about the violets is their gorgeous steele grey fur with the white, white belly.

What I will tell you though is the most gorgeous chin I have is Solange--she is a light tan girl and she is just incredibly beautiful--still Mick's fur is my favorite.

I just love chocolate. I don't have one but I really do I hope do have one in the future. And think BV are georgeous too.

I love the extra dark ebonies!! I have 1 and she looks like a little black buffalo!! Her name is Lilly Pie. Her fur is so thick and Plushy, like a cuddly teddy bear (just don't tell her that). I think that the violets are beautiful, I don't own one though.
I love the standards too--1 have 2. Chico and Koda
The mosaics are ok, I have one, but would rather have a mosaic without so much white. (Cha Cha).
Ok who am I kidding? I love all the chins!!! IN every Color!! I will take one of each.

1) Violet. My baby isn't a violet, but a violet chin is what made me fall in love with the little critters. When I went to get my first chinchilla there was this beautiful deep violet wrap there.. But she was too young, or else I would have had to take 2!

2) Mosaic. My lord I love how pretty my girl is. With her silver mask and strange 'horizontal' stripe on her back. I adore her sooo much... And you never see 2 the exact same!

3) Black velvet. Something about the black just screams TAKE ME HOME!

My favorite color..... Standards, Black Velvets and Sapphires all tie! There is nothing like an awesome kick but standard and black velvet.... But sapphires! Wow, Even some of the standard sc's are getting to look more and more like a med to dark phase std, not the washed out light std's they use to resemble.

I have a sapphire and a standard and they both have absolutly gorgeous colors.
I don't think I could ever pick a favorite, I do know that one day I want a black velvet, something about that color is just beautiful.
But I'll take one of each please :)

I have one hetero beige (Carmen) who has the most GORGEOUS coat! She is so soft and her coat just begs for petting.

I also have two mosaics (Minnie and Trousers). Minnie only has a little dark coloring on her ears and the base of her tail, but Trousers looks like she fell butt first into an ink pot (pics in the "Meet Trousers!" thread in Chin Chat).

I love all three of my girls, but I think I like looking at and admiring the extreme mosaics the most. They just have such interesting colors!!

I admire extra dark ebonies from afar, and we've decided that if we ever (as in WAY in the future) want to breed our girls, we'll invest in a healthy, happy dark ebony male!

Back