Favorite Cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has to be the Ferret Nation (the 2 story one) easy access to any part in the cage, it has a divider so I can keep both my chins in 1, and clean up is super duper easy (especially when you compare it to a super pet cage) and last but not least, it's a nice looking cage that looks nice in the room.

My favorite cage is a 3 level bird cage I bought used. It is the size of a 3 level FN. I love my FN, but I like the size of my bird cage, the 1/2 inch wire spacing, and it came with metal pans. It is easy to clean IMO, but I use fleece liners with litter pans.

My favorite cage is the Quality Cage Townhome. I feel that it is a perfect size, it fits perfectly into any space and it is enough room for Binx to run around in!

Ferret Nation, easiest to give some lovin' to my chins :D .

I say, however, one con of having a QC is the doors are quite small so it can be hard to maneuver in there sometimes. Depends on what you are trying to do.

Ferret Nation for me too!!

I went through five different cages before switching to the Ferret Nations and now I'm finally happy with these cages!

I would vote for ferret nation, although I do not have one yet, I plan on upgrading my cages to FNs very soon. I've just heard so many good things about them.

I have a QC townhouse for 1 chin. I also have a collapsible travel/emergency cage from QC as well. I found them to be a good deal and haven't had a problem with the cages. I have to agree that the door can be a bit tiny, but you just deal with it. There is an option of putting in a second door I believe. QC also makes the ChinSpin and the Flying Saucer, so I just found it easier to order everything from the same place.

Ferret Nation again! I had a large homemade cage until I found out about the FN. I love that it's on wheels, the storage space underneath, and that the doors are easily removable for cleaning and modifications.

The ferret nation 142. I love the wide opening doors and easy access to the chinnies. Also how you are able to split it into two cages is awesome.

Of the cages that I have...mine is the "bird cage" that I bought used really cheap. It's big and roomy, easy to clean, and I love it. *I can get in it through the both door *without hurting myself*, and I can stand almost all the way up. *that's without shelves it it lol*

Though I'm thinking about getting a ferret nation for Luna and the twins, yes they get to stay with mommy.

Last edited:
I have a QC Mansion with 2 doors and a QC Townhome, I love em both but the mansion is a lot easier to clean cause of the two doors.

I have a quality cage that I ordered online. I love the space it offers my chins. It's also very durable and easy to clean. I replace the wood shelving a couple of times each year.

I build my own cages. They are 48w X 48h X 24d with double front doors. I now have 7 cages downstairs.

I like the QC cages best, because the top opens up, they look like they're fairly easy to clean, and you don't have to do any modifications when you get one to make it suitable for chinchillas. Plus they come in different sizes so that you can get the one that's right for your chin(s), and you can get them with casters for easy movement. If I get a new chin cage, it'll be a QC.

Back