Everyone meet, Indus.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midwest Exotics

CnQ member since 2003
This is our puppy born on July 6th. We picked him up in late Aug & im JUST now finally having a moment to share with you his photos. The course of the last few months has been very trying, however, i wouldnt change much of it for anything.The bond we already have with him is wonderful & can only become stronger. He came to us when he was 6 weeks old, knew no commands, wasnt potty trained, but as of today he knows sit, lay, shake, other paw, roll over, & is starting to get speak & a few more we are working on. As far as potty training, he's done wonderful & it hasnt taken nearly as long as i thought it might. We still dont trust him running around the house, mainly for chewing things, but for the most part he rings his bells we have on the door when he wants to go out.

My three year old son loves him to bits & so far they are becoming great best friends, even though they sometimes play a little rough with one another.=] (and hide each others toys)

I have a ton of photos of him, but lately havent had time to empty my memory cards anywhere near as much as i'd like. I still have ones from when he was a puppy to remove, although, i will share a few from the night we got him home & when i FINALLY get to the others will share those too.

Anyways, here is our bouncing puppy, Indus! He is an AKC silver lab.
I really wish he wouldnt have been so in a rush to grow up. He's already grown SO much, its kinda unbelievable looking back. <3

3853181941_4852d45e4e_m.jpg

3853301327_91d5fdb5f6_m.jpg

3852959391_125b3b2fe1_m.jpg

3853382265_b303649ee9_m.jpg

3854002330_42c750e9e4_m.jpg

And as of last weekend....

4049306744_ae01aec67c_m.jpg

4049091486_59af6ce3d4_m.jpg

4048427301_7e0b0873bf_m.jpg

4054346961_a697f2a94c_m.jpg

I sometimes call him senior flippy flip because of this.. he does this on his own. =]

4055102768_9baa65118f_m.jpg

Wow, that was a lot harder deciding than i thought it would be. hehe

Thanks, Peggy!

He is go great, i love gushing about him. Im a total cat lover, but something happened when we got a dog. Its somehow different, if that makes sense? hehe

awwwweeee~ cute. My friend has one. They're a really sweet breed.

Yes, everyone, everywhere we go is sure to call him a weim. hehe We actually debated one until we started to dig a little deeper into some of their issues. We felt a lab was definitely right for us as we've each had one before & they are a good family dog. When i was hunting for breeders i came across the silver & was pretty sure silver was what we were wanting. A few weeks later he was born & 6 more later we went & got him.

He certainly keeps us laughing!

Oh wow. I have never seen a silver lab. He looks so much like a weimaraner... He's gorgeous!

I thought exactly the same thing!! He looks just like a weiraraner!!! I was even looking for his tail bob.:wink2:He's gorgeous.

What a beautiful pup!! I too have to agree, I've never seen this color lab before, only in weim.

They do grow up too fast :(

he's gorgeous! we have a chocolate lab, but might have to look into a silver next. congratulations! i have to say IMO there is nothing cuter than a lab puppy.

Kate~ Have his eyes checked out by a veterinary opthalmologist. A lot of those dilute colors that are man made tend to have eye problems. We unfortunately see several that have cataracts or retinal detachment by the time they hit 2!!! Were his parents CERF tested?

He sure photographs well!

Thanks everyone! He's really something else, i really swear he is growing overnight. Its sad. hehe I can barely pick him up anymore & he's losing his front seat lap riding privileges when we travel. =]=]

His parents were actually shown often & i did ask about eyes as well as seizures, as i read labs are pron to having them sometimes & hips. So far everything at his Vet visits have been good & there have been a lot so far for shots, boosters, etc. I will certainly keep that in mind at every visit though as we want him as healthy as can be & will mention to my Vet that i'd like them to keep an eye on that.(no pun intended.) =]

I did even have a chance to see his G-parents & they too looked good. I was actually shocked at how awesome looking both his parents were. They werent the little scroungy labs. Nice blocky body & heads.

Here are some updated photos of him... (I also added his puppy photos to my flickr if anyone is interested in seeing.)

He turned 6 months old on the 6th, we are so delighted! We honestly couldnt have gotten a better dog! He is part of our family & keeps getting better & better, aside from the shedding. =]

Im sure you will think he is as adorable as we do. =]

4255417755_ca4986ee30.jpg

4204783164_5e27c94d6f.jpg

4204066297_93802c3a7b.jpg

4204837900_6b2271e831.jpg

I absolutely love your camera. I would kill for one, ;) just kidding.

He's getting so big. What a handsome boy.

Thanks!

Its not just the camera in all situations though. You have to know how to work settings. Someone who knows how to work settings can get pretty nice shots from any old camera really.... A lot has to do with editing too. =]

Back