Everbody meet Jack!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
I took in a rescue today and he's a BIG beautiful boy. I was very surprised when I got there and saw him. He was in the SUN room, in FLORIDA. It was at least 78-80 in there. I am really surprised he is still alive. Their only reason for getting rid of him was that he made too much noise at night...

His poo isn't great, but hopefully that will clear up with better feed, acidopholus, and some lifeline each day. He's not a huge fan of the PANR since it doesn't have all his delightful treats in it, but he has eaten a few pieces.

Did I mention he's HUGE? My one chin, Chula is in the upper 600's and this boy looks at least 200g more than Chula. I really want to weigh him, but he's a bit skittish right now so I will let him be. He's not bitey and took a piece of one of my chin cookies from me already, so he's on the right track. Weirdly enough, he doesn't seem to like rosehips. He took a bit and threw it to the bottom of the cage.

Here's his cage. I know plastic is looked down upon (by me as well) but there is not a single bite mark anywhere on the plastic and he has been in the cage for a year. I gave him lots of new chew toys (he had none before) so hopefully he will figure out how fun it is to chew. If I see any chewing I will definitely change over to wood shelves.

IMG_2601.jpg

Here's a full body shot. It doesn't show his size, but I didn't want to do to many flashes at him for now.

IMG_2600.jpg

Look at that cute face!

IMG_2603.jpg

Last edited:
I was surprised about the cage size. The cage is about the same size as my FN so it isn't too shabby. I was also surprised they didn't try to sell him to me, especially since I looked up that cage and it goes for about $300. I know they had him in CL for $150 (including the cafe) for about a month before they came across my website.

It's so hard not to offer him the world. You want rosehip? How about a shreddie? Cookie? Playtime? Love? How about skritchens? More toys? Are you sure you don't want any more love?

UGH. It's so hard to leave him alone. lol

Jack is a cutie! That cage is really nice too! I would say if the plastic isn't chewed keep it in--as long as he has other stuff to chew, which it looks like you're already given him some sticks. Jack is SO lucky to have found you!

He is definitely a cutey. I'm so glad he wasn't in worse shape being in such a hot environment. Poor guy, I'm sure he'll be much happier now.

Is he the one taking Buttons spot? That is messed up Essentia. You cannot just go trading one chin for another, that is not a rescue by any means. So you rescue one and then another of yours needs rescueing?

Where do you even get that from? Did you even read anything I wrote in that thread? Never once did I say a decision was made, all I said was I was contacted by an amazingly sweet woman looking for a chinchilla with Button's personality. This chinchilla has by no means taken Button's place. This chinchilla is a rescue who after I find out more about his personality will be adopted out to the absolute best home I am able to find for him. For you to assume this just because I had a heart for a kind woman looking for a great companion is hurtful, but I'm guessing that's exactly what your intent was when you wrote it.

Keep it on track ladies. Leave the personal issues to pm's.

Jack's a cutie and he's got a sweet face like my Max. Nice pics. That is a wonderful cage as well, really nice and big. I like it.

I don't PM problems, it should be open for people to learn from. I am putting it up to Essentia to do what is right. I do trust her, if he is not a good fit, so be it. Please, Essentia, show the lady Buttons and if she is a good fit I do trust you. I want HIM to be happy and loved and spoiled and treated like the prince he is, so just please try your hardest to make that happen, no matter what. I am not angry, and I am sorry for any hurtful things I may have said. I know you love your chins, and I was just wrong in this situation, I just assumed and we all know what happens when people assume. So thank you for letting me know, and please find Buttons the home he deserves.

Back