Entlebucher

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahdear

Have any of you guys seen one of these amazing dogs? I am just wondering because they are probably one of the best dogs in the world. These are just a few reasons why:

They are the most loving dogs in the world!

They can open up doors from the outside or the inside. They hit the handle and the door opens. I didn't even teach him to do this.

Energetic but slightly ADHD

Beautiful coats

They are strong dogs and can jump really high and they can run like the wind if you try to stop them you just find yourself having to run a mile with a Greyhound. A lot of fun.

Now have you guys seen a entlebucher?

There's a breeder not far from me, she also breeds Swissies. I like the coloring on all the sennenhunds, but Berners are still my favorite. =)

DSCN1311.jpg

I own a berner too. I will post a picture of him too.

Now, if my kids hadn't brought home Pits, that's one I'd consider! Had dobes and shepards before, but wanted something a little smaller. One of these Pits is "dumber than a box of rocks," but the other 3 are pretty sharp - know how to train people!
Don't know about the "opening the door" thing though!

What a beautiful dog! Beauty and brains - what a concept! I have a dobie who can be very smart at times and so dumb the next! He's a very stubborn dog and very strong-willed so he's like dealing with a teenager.

Entlebucher's are a beautiful breed. I'll have to do some googling and find out more about them.

They are really great dogs. Very energetic and love to run but they are so cute and love attention. He realy loves Ranger (berner) but he loves to annoy him. He knows Ranger can't run very fast so he barks at Ranger than runs away and the whole time Ranger is barking his head off. He did it last night. Really annoying but funny when you think about. I love the swiss breeds. I wish I could take a video of it. He learned to do it less because we lock the doors. He scratches it when he wants to go outside but when coming in he usually tries to jump up the handle, we lock it usually making him so mad. You hear his little yodel and you know he wants in. Ranger just waits for him to do that little act. By the way, his name is Chocolate

Last edited:
Very cute! I love the Swiss breeds. Thanks for sharing!

I love them too. I actually only saw about 3/4 of these kind of dog. The Greater Swiss is the biggest dog and looks a lot like a Entlebucher but much bigger. There is another it is like apalspitz or something.

Appenzeller Sennenhund I think... one of my friend shows them and there was a specialty show in my town a few years back so there were dozens of them. They are all very well behaved dogs :)

Thats really cool. I wish I could have showed my burnese. His mom was in shows and was one of those dogs you see in magazines. My entlebucher is a little funny because he has a slice in his white marking on his forehead really funny. I was going to call him slice but we agreed that chocolate (swiss chocolate) would work much better.

Last edited:
Back