Enraged

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBrianx619

Android Enthusiast
Are all vets not able to do surgery on the weekend?? What the ****!!!!!!!! Ugh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nope, been in that boat-seems unless the chin is going to die that second even offering to pay more won't interupt the weekend.

If it is an emergency, the dr. on call should have to do surgery. That's part of being on call.

Last week I got charged $160 for a 10 minute exam (long story...they told me my dog had a petit mal seizure when come to find out she was really having syncope...fainting) and they did absolutely nothing. The increased fee was because it was after 10pm. Sorry for not planning my emergency earlier in the day!

Yeah they said it would be 3000 dollars for the bladder stone removal and they have no care credit...horse ****, but I did take him in, and the doctor said that his bladder wasnt full at all. He's had 3 catheders this week, so maybe he THINKS he has to go but he really doesnt..she taught me how to feel the bladder and stuff too, so that was kind of cool..He'll make it to monday :)

It's really weird though, he tries to go like, every 10 minutes, even though there's virtually nothing in his bladder..

Is he on antibiotics? A bladder infection will do or just having a rock in your bladder I would imagine.

Yeah it's really weird, He'll go to his certain spot in the cage and rear up for like a minute, he's not making any sounds or anything, I don't know what to do...there's NO WHERE around here that will do the surgery until monday......

Doesn't seem like it. He's not passing ANY urine and he's trying SO HARD. Its so frustrating..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ugh, weight drop of 40 grams the past week, not being able to pee AT ALL, squeaking alot, medicines not working, not eating hay/pellets....not drinking water....not taking critical care no matter how I try to give it to him, i've tried burrito wrapping and everything, he will NOT eat or drink..and the **** vets want him to wait till monday...does ANYONE know ANY vets in the san diego area that can do this operation over the weekend? THERE HAS to be someone!!!Ughhhhhhh.......seriously irritated beyond all points..

it's so painful to watch him, I don't think he's gonna make it till monday. any ideas, anyone? there's gotta be someone reading this...

Yeah Becky, I've called every vet from here to orange county...they all say the same thing..."Oh well we're sorry our surgeon is off on the weekends, but we can take you monday!" its like, wtf....the surgeon is off? How can you call yourselves an EMERGENCY clinic then?.....ugh

I don't know how far it is from you, but have you tried Yorba Regional? They are a PITA to deal with and they can be expensive, but not $3000 expensive. They usually have an exotics surgeon there 24/7. They do know what they are doing and I trust their ability to perform surgery on a chinchilla. I just choose not to deal with them if I don't absolutely 100% have to.

Yorba Regional Animal Hospital
8290 E Crystal Dr.
Anaheim Hills, CA
Tel: (714) 921-2500

RDZ, yeah that's about 2 hours from where I live, it probably isn't safe to drive that far with a chinchilla is it?? especially the drive back, I can assume there would be extreme soreness involved..

Back