Empress National Show -- March 11-13, 2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like this show is awesome! I with I was there...Sumiko and Shahna are killing me with updates, lol! Next year I will definitely be there!

Congrats to the winners! I'll let Sumiko update with all of her's and Shahna's winnings. Hearing the updates on the show has been super exciting! AAHH!! I HAVE to be there next year! :D

It was a great show. La Paloma took best, reserve, and third best pelt. Hummel stole the standard show, taking grand show, reserve and third best of show. Wendy took grand show mutation with a gorgeous homo ebony, Joe Brown got reserve with a black, and Shahna got third best (I think all those are correct but I may be wrong).

Oh, man, was this show a fun time!!! It was great to see old friends and meet new ones!!!

I actually got to meet the Chin Fairy, although she was down with strep and couldn't make it on Saturday because her car died on her. Nevertheless, it was good to meet her, if only for a moment!!!

As always, lots of gorgeous chins AND pelts. Margot Neubauer of La Paloma had on a collar/stole that was out of this world and Sue Kisesky had on a violet coat that I would kill to own!!!

I'm at the Kansas City airport waiting to fly home, so I hope that everyone else has good weather and safe travels!!!

I remember at the CA State show Sue was talking about her violet coat. I would have like to see it in person.

Congrats to all the winners.

I got to talk to Laura, Sumiko, and Lynn for about 10 minutes and then I had to go. I wish I could have gone to the show, I was really looking forward to finally attending Empress Nationals, but I there was no way I was going in there with Strep. I was so relieved to get home and collapse on the couch, I can't even tell you.

On the up side, there were no hugs given because I would have infected everyone!

Shahna and I are on our way home, about 100 miles from WY. We just watched a GORGEOUS sunset a little while ago.

Both of us had a great time and were very impressed with how organized everything was. We especially liked the banquet table settings and decorations.
Thank you to all who helped put on this show. We had a blast!

I was super excited today that my 5 1/2 month beige male took 3rd best beige under Shahna's Reserve Class Champion and Joe Brown's Champion beige. One of my females was also up there in the top 5 for a long time but she was a little older and couldn't hold up longer than that. It was so exciting for me to see my animals do so well at my first National Show! I also received the Junior Breeder Award for standards the day before. I took a total of 8 standards and 7 beige.

Shahna had the 3rd Best of Show black male, a nice 1st place black female who was at the top of the table and one of the last ones eliminated, and a Reserve Class beige. Her 1st place standards also held up very well.

Thank you all for making the show such an awesome experience! We've made a lot of new friends and got to meet a lot of our online chin friends as well. We can't wait for next year's show! It's worth the 24 hr drive!

I am so glad we only had a 9 hour drive: compared to the CA drive, it's nothing!

Great national show! It was fantastic to see so many people from so many places! I learned a lot, slept very little!!

I'm thrilled to have the white champion (a pink white) bred by Vin to work with. My baby black got awesome comments and held on until sixth out of 44 before he left the table. Those blacks were tough! I'm thrilled my eb girls all got first or better, and winning another national grand show made the drive home go faster!! :thumbsup:

Thank you to all who worked so hard & traveled so far to contribute to an awesome national!:dance3:

Congratulations to all the show winners and thank you to the judges who worked so hard over the course of 2 days. Thanks to all the folks who contributed thier time and efforts behind the scenes and at the show. The 2011 National Show was a memorable and enjoyable event. I will work on getting pictures up later today.

Standards: Class 1 Ron Hummel, Joe Brown, Hummel Class 2 Hummel, Rich Ryerson, Bob Merritt Class 3 Hummel, Merritt, Hummel Class 4 Hummel, Bill Booker, Hummel Class 5 Hummel, Hummel, Merritt Class 6 Hummel, Hummel, Bob Smith Class 7 Hummel, Ellis Adcock, Adcock Class 8 Adcock, Brown, Hummel Class 9 Ryerson, Adcock, Hummel Class 10 Ryerson, Adcock, Hummel GSC Hummel RGS Hummel 3rd Best Hummel Mutations: Whites- Wendy Torgeson, Brown, Brown Beiges- Brown, Shahna Thomas, Sumiko DeLaVega Ebonies- Torgeson, Brown, Torgeson Black Velvets- Brown, Thomas, Booker GSC Torgeson (Ebony) RGS Brown (Black Velvet) 3rd Best Thomas (Black Velvet)

Here are a few pics from the show. Sorry I missed a lot of pics, especially the standard show. Kathy got a lot of pics so she should have a good variety. For some reason, I didn't get the GS and RGS mutes either... whoops. I guess I was too busy trying to get Shahna to take a pic w/her black at the end of the show!

100_5408.jpg

CC, RCC, and 3rd best whites

100_5385.jpg

Beiges

100_5397.jpg

The chins who went on to win CC, RCC, and 3rd best beige, in that order

100_5394.jpg

Closeup of my beige boy, before he got 3rd best... :)

100_5409.jpg

RCC eb and 3rd best eb

100_5398.jpg

Black males

100_5414.jpg

Shahna and her black male who took 3rd best of show

100_5383.jpg

Chin roses and teddy bear!

100_5373.jpg

Table settings at the banquet

100_5341.jpg

Chin teddy bears and roses for sale

100_5353.jpg

CC and RCC eb pelts

100_5352.jpg

CC, RCC, and 3rd best black pelts

100_5350.jpg

CC, RCC, and 3rd best beige pelts

100_5349.jpg

CC and RCC violet pelts

100_5346.jpg

GSC, RGS and 3rd best, std pelts

...and that's all I have! I wish I would have taken more but I was constantly at the edge of my seat, a nervous wreck. lol

Back