Educating people!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetoftheDay

Today's Pet of the Day is Mei Mei - wearing his Santa hat and everything. What surprised me was I am a regular guest on a radio show, and when the host asked me whose today's Pet of the Day was, I said "MeiMei, a little pink/white chinchilla" and she had never seen, never mind met, a chinchilla, so I has to describe what one was for her - and by default, all the listeners, too!

I was quite surprised that even in 2011, some people have no idea what a chinnie is! One more person educated today!

MeiMei's page, even after today is here.

Well, the only chinchilla I've ever seen in my life is Chloe, my own chin, so I can see how someone might be in the dark about it. People around me just don't own them, and subsequently don't know what they are. I knew what they were and what they looked like but that's only because I like animals and am interested in different species. And I only knew that--not anything more than the basics. Of course, now I know much more about chins but I wouldn't if I didn't decide to get one and research.

The video of Mei Mei is hilarious, by the way!

Gotta say, i had never heard of a chinchilla before my brother showed up asking me to watch his... Now i have 5' lol

I love the Mei Mei video!

I didnt´t know what a chin was until about a year ago and then the first two I saw in real life were my boys, along with about 15 others including a new baby, it was chin overload! I fell completley in love with them when everyone in the room woke up at the same time and begged for treats, such an adorable sight. Everyone I´ve introduced them to since I´ve gotten them is really shocked by how big they are, apparently people expect them to be hamster sized.

I am going to watch a chin show early next year, am so incredibly excited to be able to see other chins and look at all the different colours and learn more.

Back