Edstrom Water Bottle leaking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesame

I purchased an Edstrom Water Buddy Bottle as a back-up/travel/emergency bottle. My chin's original bottle isn't working anymore (leaking too much; was a ball-end water bottle), so I switched to the Edstrom.

The first few days it was working fine and my chin was really overly excited about getting something new in her home and kept drinking water like it was her new toy. She was really interested in it and seemed to enjoy it. Today, I noticed that the bottle was leaking very, very slowly. It's not gushing out, but it is leaking.

Anyone else seem to have a similar issue with the Edstrom and was about to remedy it? Is it an issue with the stem? I tried to take the valve system apart this morning before work, but wasn't able to. Is the valve system simple to unscrew by hand, or do I need pliers? I'm relatively new to this water bottle system, so any input would be great.

The nozzle is probably clogged. You need to take it out and clean it. I'm not sure how easy it is to get out of the bottle, most of the ones I have had here have met their untimely demise before I had to take out the nozzles.

I just played with mine to figure it out...and I ended up breaking it. BUT I figured out how to get the valve off. You need two pliers. One to hold the nut still and the other to unscrew the valve. I thought the nut came off with the valve and now it's loose and I can't tighten it back up to the part inside the bottle. This might help. Scroll to the bottom. I wish I had looked it up before I broke mine!! Oh well.

Last edited:
oh jeez... now I'm worried I might have to resort to using my backup-backup water bottle which are those glass super pet ones with that odd air bubble issue.

I guess I'll have more time when I get back from work to play around with it (and hopefully not break it too).

Nah--as long as you don't do what I did and try to unscrew the nut, you'll be fine. At least my knack for breaking things won't be in vain this time, heh.

Its actually very easy to unscrew. Take a wrench and put on the nut to hold it still then hold the spout and unscrew it, you might need a strong arm for it, iono if i could do it, my husband unscrewed it for me.
Hope that helps, becare ful too because there are very small parts in it and can get lost easily!!

hmmm... perhaps this is a job for the bf!

Caiti, I also have a knack for breaking things too... so hopefully bf can handle the situation fine without any breakage. lol

Back