Dyeing wood with kool aid?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sydneytaylorr

So I've heard many people have been using Kool aid to dye their wood so their chinchillas are more interested in it. My chinnie chews fine on his toys, I was just curious as to why the dye isn't harmful to them? Because of the sugar and whatnot? Unless they get sugar free that is, but even then, it seems like it wouldn't be healthy? Please correct me if I'm wrong! I was just wonderin' :)

To use koolaide as a dye, you buy the little packets and mix them with water. You do NOT add sugar or use the type where the sugar is already added.

To use koolaide as a dye, you buy the little packets and mix them with water. You do NOT add sugar or use the type where the sugar is already added.

^^ exactly this. just get the normal kool-aid, not the sugar free stuff or the pre-mixed with sugar containers. i picked up some kool-aid packets the other day. when i go to dye wood, i'm going to use as little water as possible so that the colours are as strong/bright as i can get them.

I normally add a few layers to get nicer color.
One layer just looks weak. Lol

Back