Dwyer,why are you trying to kill me.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleychin

Another Dwyer story! Sunday night my central air went out,durring a heat wave of course.Luckly I have a window unit in my bedroom for the boys so I can keep it cooler than the rest of the house. But I knew it might not be able to keep up the next day so I sent my husband down to a house we own that we have for sale to turn on the air so it would be cold enough in the morning to take the boys down there.
In the morning I go down and make sure it's cool enough then set up a sheet and playpin to put around their carrier. I go load up the boys in their four hole carrier and put them in my back seat and start off to take them to the other house.Thank goodness the house is only two and a half blocks aways cause I get about one block from my house and I glance back just in time to see Dwyer open his door and jump out.CRAP!I stop the car,catch him and he throws fur every where and I move the carrier to the front seat so I can hold the door shut.I get to the house take them in and put the carrier in the play pen go to get the rest of their stuff out of the car.I figured Dwyer would be out of the carrier when I got back in,but not only was he out he had opened Keegans door too!
I had to bungee his door with a water bottle spring.

lol sorry to laugh but they are very smart critters. I am a new owner this is my first. But i have seen may videos on youtube of chinchillas getting out of there cage

ROTFL! I can just see them conspiring together! " Alright, the warden's gone! Now is our chance to make a break for it! If for some reason we get separated, I'll see you on the outside!"

Yeah,their smart little guys!Dwyer is very spoiled.(He's the baby)
I can't belive he was going to let everyone else out too.
I'm going to Home Depot to buy latches!:hair:

Back