Dwyer whats in your mouth?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleychin

This morning I woke up early and was cuddling Dwyer.He was pulling my hair and nuzzling my neck like normal and then I put him back in his cage.As soon as I set him on his shelf I saw somthing hanging out of his mouth.It was still a little dark and I wasn't sure what it was so I reached in to take it from him to see what it was.IT WAS MY HAIR!The little booger chewed off a 3 inch long lock of my hair and was going to eat it.I told him"It's a good thing your so cute"
I guess I have to start pulling my hair back before I cuddle with Dwyer.
Anyone else have a hairy chin?:)

LOL, I've heard stories like this before and I am always reluctant to let my chin sit on my head, as she sometimes likes to do. I'm usually quick to encourage her off my head before she goes crazy with grooming me!

*sigh* my white girl "trimmed" my eyelashes last night after licking my eyelids. i couldn't pull away fast enough. oh well, at least her grooming is a sign of love

Is this why Shelly likes to hang out on my head when I first let her out of the cage? Granted I have not noticed any missing hair.

*sigh* my white girl "trimmed" my eyelashes last night after licking my eyelids. i couldn't pull away fast enough. oh well, at least her grooming is a sign of love

That happened to me too!! And the first thing I thought was "are eyelashes safe for chins to eat?!?!" hahaha. I was glad I had washed my face and didn't have mascara on, even though I don't know if it's bad or if she'd even ingest it. My girl will always try to eat my hair if given the chance.

And the first thing I thought was "are eyelashes safe for chins to eat?!?!" hahaha. I was glad I had washed my face and didn't have mascara on
haha i had the exact same thought! thankfully i didn't have any make up on either :) glad i'm not the only one missing eye lashes out there :hilarious:

We had to drive a few hours to get Iggy, so on the way home my husband had the seat leaned back so he could take a nap. Iggy was in a cat-type carrier in the backseat munching happily on some hay . . . or so we thought. My husband suddenly sat straight up grabbing his head. Iggy had been pulling his hair into the carrier through the bars and having a munch!

Back