Dust Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paws4Chins

Chin Spirit
I have noticed that Blue Cloud really aggravates my asthma and allergies. It is so fine and the stuff gets in the air. I have switched the container for the Chin baths so it wont get in the air as much. Does anyone know if Blue Sparkle or another type of dust causes less reaction to sensitive people?

Kaytee dust is not as fine as blue cloud or sparkle, and is fine to use. It doesn't do as good of a dusting job on your chin though.

You can also dust your chins in the bathroom. Make sure the tub is completely dry, set the dust container in and let them dust, and then clean up the leftover dust by spraying out the shower.

Before I stated seeing my allergy accupuncturist (who eliminated my allergies to both the hay and the Blue Cloud dust), I used to do the chins's dustbaths in the bathroom with the fan on. Also, I would use the shopvac (with the allergy filter on it) to clean up anything leftover. Additionally, I made a fleece door to the dust container that the chins have to wedge through (safely) which helps to control flying dust. But dust is inevitable and will settle on EVERYTHING!:hair:

Back