dumbest thing your chin has ever done

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my silly little chin Gummi has decided it is her mission in life to sleep half hanging off her hut and also to ride the vaccum hose around the cage while im cleaning it.
she recently decided to start doing these things on top of her already amusing antics.

Chuck decided to wall surf all over the place and in his attempt to jump on top of his wood hidey house he miscalculated his jump and went head first into the side. I couldn't help but laugh! He was a little embarrassed and stayed in his hidey house where I couldn't see him for a while.

Marble miscalculated his jump wanting to get on one of the wooden shelves in his cage and was holding on with the front paws while the back ones were dangling. He did this odd looking wiggle in attempt to get leverage with one of his back legs and pull himself up but ended up falling anyway. He looked like a cartoon it was so goofy looking.

Waldo jumped, without looking onto a ledge and right into Hebe and then all chaos broke loose. They were bouncing off the walls like popcorn and could not seem to get a grip on anything. It was super funny.

So my one chin loves to run around my room. Whenever she gets spooked she'll bolt around my room running around in circles at break neck speed. One time she freaked out, ran two laps around my room, and then proceeded to run into my back. She did this two more times before realizing that I was going to remain stationary haha.

Long story short, Buddha and our cockatiel Tippy haven't had a lot of interaction, and Buddha is still a pretty young chin, so he was very curious about Tippy last night. Buddha was running around the room until he found Tippy on the floor, kinda sniffed the air around Tippy, and then CRASHED into him! Buddha stood there confused and then ran away. Then a second later, Buddha came around to the back of Tippy, and started chewing on the tip of Tippy's tail feathers! Tippy wasn't too happy about that :laughitup:

Here's a picture of Tippy just for fun.
tippy.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I change my answer. Dumbest thing my chin has ever done was jump IN the toilet!
That one was my fault. Who knew he could be so quick!! Funny thing... When you google "what do I do if my chinchilla..." google will guess: "gets wet"
haha :)

A friend of mine had her chinchilla out for playtime with panels to block oof kitchen but somehow slipped through while husband was in and out of back door doing chores, her chin slipped outside with nobody knowing was missing for two days and while they looked for her outside all days and at nights they had givin up, and when she was returning home from work and walking up path to her front door she heard her chin barking and a scratching noise she looked down and there was her chin peeking out from the spout end of her rain gutter, she said she started crying so hard (tears of joy), but franticaly dropped to her knees in a dress panthose heels the whole get up and snatched up her chin and is to this day holding her closeto her heart wherever she goes in the house

My youngest chinchilla Pebble has earned the nickname 'cute stupid' from my husband. The most recent silly thing he did involved trying to lay down behind Trinity and pop corning at the same time. You could tell he was sleepy but he just kept randomly twitching until Trin finally klacked at him for waking her up. After a quick dash around the cage he finally settled down to snooze.

Oh I just remember something he did when they were first introduced. He was so excited to see a female (yet scared of her cause she is large) that he would run up, pounce on her for a few seconds and run away... Only he didnt know where to aim, one time he ended up on her face leaving behind a present. Poor Trin just stood their looking very confused till I got her dust bath out. I think I laughed over that one for days.

Last edited:
Just a few days ago I did a nose count and there were only two in the cage instead of three. PANIC!! No sign of China!! The poor little thing had made a hole in the hammock, crawled into it and gotten stuck. She was obviously pretty shook up when I got her out.

My youngest chinchilla Pebble has earned the nickname 'cute stupid' from my husband. The most recent silly thing he did involved trying to lay down behind Trinity and pop corning at the same time. You could tell he was sleepy but he just kept randomly twitching until Trin finally klacked at him for waking her up. After a quick dash around the cage he finally settled down to snooze.

Oh I just remember something he did when they were first introduced. He was so excited to see a female (yet scared of her cause she is large) that he would run up, pounce on her for a few seconds and run away... Only he didnt know where to aim, one time he ended up on her face leaving behind a present. Poor Trin just stood their looking very confused till I got her dust bath out. I think I laughed over that one for days.

I remember meeting you at the show, your female is gorgeous. What part of Seattle are you in, I am down in Renton? Any signs of babies yet?

My old grey chin Poppy once peed in her dustbath, then before I'd noticed what she'd done, she rolled in it again, and got clumps of stinky wet pee-pee-dust all stuck to her lovely fur!
It took several more CLEAN baths to get the yukky bits out!

My boys are in the habit of jumping in unison to the same location and both topples-ing back down the way they came into an adorable pile of chin lol

lol

My old grey chin Poppy once peed in her dustbath, then before I'd noticed what she'd done, she rolled in it again, and got clumps of stinky wet pee-pee-dust all stuck to her lovely fur!
It took several more CLEAN baths to get the yukky bits out!

mines done that too, that time she peed a huge puddle like 1/2 a tablespoon worth, ugh it was so gross, i thought she would stink, after about a 1/2 dozen rolls, her fur was dry, i cupped her, and sniffed, ah, she smelled clean! thank goodness... i would have panicked cuz we cannot bathe them in water, i thought i was going to have a stinky chin lol

My mosaic chin is a huge mama's boy. All he wants to do is snuggle me!
One day I placed him on the counter while I went to the bathroom. I then moved to the sink to wash my hands. And as I finished, he just suddenly jumped at my chest and clung to me for dear life. LOL It just shocked me since I didn't expect it! He never likes being put down anywhere xD

My chin loves to stand on his round log and run on it until it hits the other side of his cage then he just hides inside at like "wasnt me" lol

Our little boy Buster is pretty spoiled. A few hours a day I open his cage and put up a play pen around a nice sized space in the living room. This lets him jump back and forth from the play pen to his cage. It has a fleece blanket and some wood hidey/huts for him so he can be sage.
The only issue we have is after we close up the cage he still thinks it's open so he'll get a bounding start and wail into the side of the cage. After thwack or two he calms down and rubs his nose from his top shelf perch looking quite pathetic.

Fears nothing!

This adorable little bundle of fur fears nothing!! I was using the shop vac to clean his cage and Zuri attacked the nozzle. It sucked his face in and I was shocked for a few seconds into immobility. I grabbed him and pulled the wand off his face thinking I hurt him or sucked all the air out of his lungs!! Not him, he attacked it again. The look on his face was priceless. If a chin's eyes could get any bigger they did and his little paws were straight out. Afterwards, I laughed so hard I cried every time I recalled his face. Learned my lesson though, I block him in one level while cleaning the other.:laughitup:

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 16
The first time I ever got my Chinnie out to play was in our kitchen (we blocked everyting off which he would get under) and he tried to have a fight with his reflection in the oven glass and ran into it, it was adorable. Thankfully he was ok, he just looked so confused!

I got to see my chin jump up onto our clothes horse onto our washing and fall straight back down to the ground, bringing half the washing with her, which gave her a **** of a fright! The dumbest part though? She did it again with the same result... 3 times that night

Back