Drinking Water for Chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrendaM

I have been giving our Chinchillas Reversed Osmosis Water, but there is only one place in town (within 30 mile radius) that sells it but that maybe ending. I looked at the other, already bottled water that they sell and was wondering what would be the best. The types are:
Purified Water
Drinking Water
Distilled Water
Mineral Water
Nursery Water (not sure, there was a baby on the label)

Please let me know what type of water you give your Chinchillas.
Thank you
Brenda

Check the drinking water label. Most of the gallon jugs of drinking water in my state say reverse osmosis in the small print. If it isn't, and those are your choices, I would probably go with purified water.

Generally nursery water is distilled water.

You don't have a Super Wal-Mart in Green Bay? They carry reverse osmosis water.

We have 3 Wal-Marts in Green Bay but with them remodeling the stores they are discontinuing having where you can fill your own jugs with the Reverse Osmosis Water. We are down to the 1 store that still has the "fill your own jug" and it was out of order last night and was told they may just remove it was the store as the other 2 did.

Thank you, I will check the label on the gallon drinking water.

Brenda

They did the same thing here Brenda, with the Wal-Mart. The one in Mitchell got rid of it, the one in Yankton kept it. I don't understand why, but I'm glad that in a pinch my local grocery store has it (2 minutes away). It just costs .20 cents more a gallon.

I believe it's been determined that Britta water filters will work for any water, as it's smaller micron filters take out anything detrimental to chins.
I used them for many years without a problem - both the faucet and pitcher types.

Thank you for the replies. I will check the label of Wal-Marts Drinking Water. Was just getting a little nervous when they stated that they may get rid of the reverse osmosis fill your own jug area.

Thank you again
Brenda

If it'll help Brenda, I get water for my guy at Walmart, and the turquoise cap on the pre-bottled stuff is one that's had both reverse osmosis and UV light treatment. The pink cap is distilled only (vapor distillation), but I had to get it or the $2.00/gallon nursery water, so I boiled it too.

Back