Dolly

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthny158

I'm so happy I just had to share :) I received Dolly a month or so before Christmas. She had been kept in a small cage, hardly ever taken out. Fed Wal-Mart's rabbit food & no hay. No toys or anything to chew on. I quickly bought her a much bigger cage, chinchilla food, and a TON of toys. Within a few days, she was gnawing through all her toys and flying around her cage pretending she was a spider monkey. I decided it was then time to introduce her to playtime outside her cage. She absolutely loves it. I was a little worried about catching her (she wasn't to sure about human interaction) I discovered that she jumps right in her bath house so we've been using that. Tonight, we had our regular playtime and after about 20 minutes of her playing, she actually jumped in my lap and sat there for a few minutes. This is great progress for her. Especially after her ordeal with the cat last night (in another post)

oohh.. That is great that Dolly is making progress!!!

Chichi ( I got her on Labor day of this year) crawled over my bf and I's laps the other night and sat there. I was so excited. She had never done this without the promise of a treat/toy. She is finally getting used to us. It was such a great moment!!! Congrats on that!

I'm sure everyone else has already yelled at you for the cat. LOL. Keep the cat away from the chinny! :p Not only can the cat hurt her, but she can give her diseases too!

But congrats on your wonderful progress!!! Post pics of Dolly please!! :)

Yea, I have definately learned my lesson on the cat. I have pics of Dolly in my introduction post :)

Back