Does your chin use their hammock?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your chin sleep in their hammock?

• Yes, they love it!

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Maybe, I never see them in it but I find "evidence" that they have been in it

Votes: 31 31.6%

• Total voters
Three of my cages are made out of wood or melamine so they all have an enclosed top and the two metal cages have a piece of fleece draped over the top. I too do this so the chins feel more secure.

As far as hammock dwellers, I have two that definitely sleep in their hammocks on a regular basis: Carlos & Buster. I just put a hammock in for Woo and I know he doesn't sleep in it but he sure does stand in it for the longest time watching the other boys during playtime while he's waiting for his turn. The Grey Boys don't have a hammock and the White Boys have one stretched across their cage so they have something to catch them if they fall but mostly they use it as a trampoline to get from one side of the cage to the other.

Trixie loves her hammock..in the winter. She has the sleeping bag type...the kind she can snuggle into. So, now that it is warm she really won't use it for sleeping, but she will hop up and sit on it or just underneath (she has a shelf directly under) to relax or watch television.

Kiwi uses her hammock all the time. She separated the two layers and crawls in between them, with her head hanging out, just looking. Nut bar lol.

Mine used thiers all the time till maisy started chewing on it and chewed the piece that it ws hanging from down and i had to throw it away . i swed it together qutie a few times till i had enough of particuarly maisy tearing it down. so there cage doesn't have one. the same with their house they had. they all tore that apart. so now they climb in the hosue when thier out playing. :) so that was the end that too!!

Mine absolutely love their hammock..they spend the majority of their sleeping time snuggled in it together.

I have many of my chins that love the hammocks, some of them rather be in the tube, and some of the use the tube and the hammock, and some don't use any of them, they just sleep in their house or just on a shelf.

I put a peice of applewood in Sunny's and occassionally find some poop in there, but I rarely see him go into it. He did pee in it once, don't know why. I believe it was one of the rare nights he didn't get out of his cage. He's not a big hammock fan, though:(

Haha some chins aren't used to hammocks. That's why you have to start training them when they're just weened and put a littler fleece buddy by them so they feel safter. But even then sometimes chins don't like it. You should try some PVC fleece tubes. Most chins like the safe security feeling. the Tubes are dark inside and 6" around for them to feel nice and snug. There are lots members that have sites on here that sells em.

Good luck. :3:hi2:

Last edited:
Back