Does your chin use their hammock?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your chin sleep in their hammock?

• Yes, they love it!

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Maybe, I never see them in it but I find "evidence" that they have been in it

Votes: 31 31.6%

• Total voters

suzi1780

I have never seen any of my chins sleeping in their hammocks, how about you do you see your chin sleeping in their hammock?

I catch Riku in his all the time.

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

Whenever I clean cages I see poo in all of the hammocks, so even if I don't necessarily see the chinnies in their hammock, I know they periodically use them.

my chin never spends any noticeable time in her hammock. I do find poo in it, so I know she's been in it, but I've never actually seen her in it.

I have not seen her in it since the day I got it. But I do find poo in it all the time.

Most of mine will use it, and sleep in it all the time. Mog hasn't really figured it out yet, and now that we have had him about a year, I'm not too confident that he will. Maybe if we can get him to be friends with one of the other boys, they can teach him how! lol.

Mine hidesuinder it between the shelf and the bottom of it. I've never seen her go on it, but I find poo in it. I just assumed it was kicked up in the hammocks when she runs around.

Bear is the only one out of all my chins that uses the hammock. They all have hammocks in their cage but most are just there for decoration I guess. :rolleyes: Well..Moose does use his corner hammock but only if it is right on top of a wooden shelf, so technically it's just sort of a pillow....

i've seen one girl spend a good chunk of awake time in her hammock. haven't caught the other 2 yet, but find evidence on a regular basis.

I think most of my chins use their hammock on a regular basis. They all have hammocks and most have tubes as well. I have a couple that don't bother with the tubes.

This is Nemesis in her hammock.

1002336.jpg

Pinball practically lives in her hammock! The others I occasionally catch using them or I find the evidence they leave behind.

Phoenix used to use hers all the time but then stopped all of a sudden. Sedona loves her hammock and tube. Phoenix prefers her hidey house over everything.

My chinnies love their hammocks, but just not all the time. I think it depends on their moods, but I see them in there quite often. It took them some time at first to warm up to them, but once they did, it's been good for them.

Mine wouldn't use them at first. What made the difference was me putting a piece of cardboard across the top of their cages. Someone pointed out to me when I first got chins that their biggest fear in the wild is from overhead predators (hawks and such) and that they felt much safer if they knew they were "under cover". Once I put the cardboard across the top, viola. Total relaxation in the cage!

100_2257.jpg

Latest posts

Back