Do you like PANR?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harleychin

I ordered some feed from APD who I've used for three years and their price has jumped up on it.I used to get 10 lbs. for $13.59 and now all they have is 6lbs. bags for $13.09 and you have to pay shipping on top of that.I have four chins and it's getting crazy.

I'm thinking of switching to PANR.Do you guys like PANR or is there a feed you like better?

There isn't a PANR anymore. The formula has been changed and it is now another feed. I believe it's still similar, but I haven't had to switch quite yet.

It is call Purina Rabbit Show Chow (PRSC). I am still in the beginning of switching over from panr to prsc and some from mazuri/panr to prsc. so far.....ehhh. some of them love it, some not so much. i guess the true test will be when we are at 100% just PRSC

sandy--how many chins do you have? it may be more cost effective for you to go to the feed store and buy in bulk. however if you only have 1 or 2 there are many members here who sell food, perhaps you can try a couple brands??

I have four little guys. I was thinking of buying in bulk. I didn't know they changed their forumla.
Can you tell me what the differance is between PANR and PRSC?

Last edited:
you can go to the website or this thread:

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10890&highlight=feed+change

the color is a little more green, some of my chins dont know the dif....the others are just being PITA's!

having 4 maybe worth it for you to get a big bag. they only sell in 50lb bags, but i ONLY pay 13.50 for 50lbs. if you dont use it you could just donate it.
but if you get a fresh bag and keep it in a container it will last several months.

Thanks I'll check out the site.
I talked to my Humane Society and I thought I could use half the bag and donate the rest to them.
It would still cut my feed cost to about one third of what I'm spending now.

or if you know someone in your area who wants to split the cost??
i have 7 and even with mixing food, i use it all.

Back