Do you feel safe in America?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:
Funny part about this thread, is that I have a LOT of friends that moved to the US and they tell me they rather live here than back home. :hmm: Makes you wonder you know on where the safety lies or loneliness lies on the op's question. OH well.

Where did they move from?

Just chiming in here, my bosses are all foreigners and if I were to ask them if they feel safe here, they would all five say yes. Heck one of them feels so safe, he is working on becomes an armored guard for the White House (or something like that).

The way I see it, if you don't feel safe somewhere, why be there? You have the option to remove yourself from whatever makes you feel unsafe, (a country, a house, a crowded area, certain streets, homes, relationships, etc).

Wow. I leave for an hour and there is 20 extra posts; mostly consisting of Gorilla mans funnies. haha!

Liewwan: No I wouldn't be insulted if you felt that way. I'd like to know why. Maybe I can learn something for myself!

Gabby: I wasn't playing the foreigner card initially. After I asked my question, people were actually saying "if you dont like it, go home", when really, I just wanted to know how all y'all's minds tick to make this country keep going. Go ahead and tell me what you found insulting about my comments. I really don't mind.

Tunes: Mexicans breathe the same air as Americans. Does that make them any less human? We all gotta care for this earth together. If our solar system is a speck in the galaxy, borders become non-existent.

Gorilla:
What I meant by "regrouping", is the idea that the soldiers come home so that money and resources are spent at home (to fix the economy) rather than being spread so thinly across seas.

AZChins:

Exactly! God Bless everyone!

Boo Boo (and pretty much everyone else who thinks this): It is becoming harder and harder to come and go as you please between countries. Yeah, I am leaving soon, no problems for me. But for folks who do want to leave, its getting pretty hard. Stat: Immigration Canada's numbers show that the number of Americans applying for work visas has doubled since 2008. There are also more papers you need to fill out and such. more time. not to mention those intrusive airports (mostly needed for across seas travel). Greyhound has upped their security as well, and TN has implemented random car searches on the highways.

so what do y'all think of Bill S.1867 ? its going to be voted on early next week. I'd like to know your thoughts.

While I appreciate the hedgie bag shout out, I have to say, that comment is extremely biased/racist.

Biased yes, but not you or anybody else is going to call me racist. If you think that because I feel that people who come to this country should be LEGAL instead of sucking the system dry while living under the radar is being racist, then you better look up the definition in the dictionary. Honestly, I don't understand what is so hard to understand when it comes to legal versus illegal.

Tunes: Mexicans breathe the same air as Americans. Does that make them any less human? We all gotta care for this earth together. If our solar system is a speck in the galaxy, borders become non-existent.

Then care for them on your parcel of land. I know plenty of folks from Mexico, LEGAL Americans, who are just as disgusted by the illegals pouring into the US as myself and many, many other Americans are. As far as the solar system comment, this isn't the hippy dippy 60s and that comment is right up there with your mystical "feels wrong" comment at the beginning of the thread. Pointless.

I am going to close this thread now, not because the OP seems to be upset that she's gotten blasted in 2 separate threads now, but because we've now not just skirted forum rules, we've blown right through them. Two things we aren't supposed to discuss here are politics (which I would allow up to a point) and religion (which I absolutely will not). There are plenty of folks on here who fall on both sides of that particular fence, and it's not right to offend either side of them by making a comment about feeling insulted that God is asked to bless a country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back