Do i need to start over with my chinchillas ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moltenfreak

Hi,

I have my chins for over a month. they where very well treated, my chins came from a hobby breeder Show quality it costed me like 120 dollars each or so dunno what it is in euros i payed 95 euros each ( which i dont care about). they where like crawling on me crazy i gave them another diet not the diet they where used to so they had stomach problems not pooping or peeing at all, so i had to gave them medicine wich they definitly don't like but i had to catch them i think i went a bit to roughly on them because they needed the medicine. since then, i can still pet them a bit, but when i try to gently try to grab them, under the belly and from the back to support the legs they go like crazy and run away from me. they make a squeek sound like a guineapig. and then they hide under the tree i put in to. do you guys think it will help if i don't let them out for a week or so and talk to them just like the taming progress from the start when you have a new chinchilla ? or is there a other way because they are used to get out at night at 9:00 :cry3::cry3::cry3: please help im really sad that they won't like me anymore and die because of stress i put them on too...

One of my guys had to go to the vet and I had to stsrt giving meds (hadn't had him real long). He was "mad" at me for quite some time...but eventually warmed back up. I just tried to give extra attention and time.

Latest posts

Back