DIY Chinchilla Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinny_love

Does anyone know where I can get any blue prints or cage plans for a DIY chinchilla cage? I'd like to build my own cage but I'm having a really hard time finding a cage plan that gives good instructions and has good pictures. I'm not very good at coming up with ideas myself for this type of thing. I'd like it to be mostly open, not all wood on three of the four sides. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could provide me with any help! Thank you!!

I think this is my favorite DIY chinchilla cage idea. They don't have plans, but its pretty basic. Stack shelving pieces side by side, zip tie together, add shelves for structural integrity. When I scrape together the money, I'm totally making one of these for my boys. I did the math at the Home Depot site, and building a 6 foot tall, 6 foot wide, 2 foot deep cage split down the middle is going to run me about 250 dollars. Or, roughly the price of one new Ferret Nation. Makes it a winner in my book.

This person did the same thing, though for her rats. She has a visual on how she put it all together. If you just bought pieces of the right length, rather then cutting them, you could probably piece it all together in an afternoon.

A chin will remove a zip tie in a short time, don't use those use hog rings or something like that.

Back