Distemper question! Urgent!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Alex~

So the other day I met a wonderful sweetheart dog at a animal fair which I had wanted to adopt but was unable to. He got adopted later that day but then it was discovered he had enamel dysplasia and tick fever and will be euthanized if hes not rescued. I got to spend quite awhile with this dog and he is fantastic so I am not afraid of that and tick fever is treated by antibiotics so Im not worried about that.

My concern is that enamel dysplasia usually happens in a distemper surviver! So if he is a distemper surviver can he spread distemper to the other animals in my house? Has anyone else had to do treatments for any of these things for your dog and how is it living with a dog like this?

Hes a wonderful quiet dog who was amazing on the leash and was such a good listener. I would absolutly hate to see him get put down :cry3:

Yea thats true, thanks, but Im pretty upset beause no matter how much I reallt want to get him I dont have the kind of money to be taking care of him in the next couple of monthes :( If this had happened more like may I would be able to afford it. Im really upset he was a really great dog and I hate to think hes going to die...

Back