different length poop?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annm13339

this might sound weird but i was just wondering if chins poop is supposed to be about the same length each time? i cleaned the cage yesterday and i just looked inside and on the ledge is different lengths of poop. it looks normal. not soft or anything. i thought i read on here that its supposed to be about the same length. i can put a picture up if need be but im just curious.

Chins can have varying sizes and shapes of poops through out the day, depending on their activity level and when they ate last. As long as they look and seem normal, there's nothing to worry about.

also chin poop size can vary chin to chin! while most of my guys all look the same there are a couple that have bigger or smaller poops on a consistant basis that is not due to diet.

also chin poop size can vary chin to chin! while most of my guys all look the same there are a couple that have bigger or smaller poops on a consistant basis that is not due to diet.

Yep, each of my chin's is slightly different. It's probably a little obsessive but I can tell you which poops go to which chins. :cool:

Back