Cuddle Buddy Stuffing Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkpiggy1989

'No they're not bunnies'
I'm making one of my chins a cuddle buddy. Nothing fancy just gonna be a fleece block. Just have a question about the stuffing...

Would stuffing it with hay encourage him to chew it up? Or should I stuff it with carefresh bedding? I've heard of people stuffing it with fleece, but I'm using a scrap of fleece and theres not enough extra to stuff it. So between hay and bedding, which would be my best option?

Last edited:
You really should make it washable...that is why I put fleece inside mine...and so that if they get to the middle, the insides won't be dangerous. You can't wash and dry hay or bedding...it would mold. Even if he only pees on it or something, it could get yucky.

You could put some other fabric in the middle, but it would be best to go get a remnant of fleece from Joann fabrics, or even Walmart (a prewashed cheap Walmart fleece scarf will work, too).

You really should make it washable...that is why I put fleece inside mine...and so that if they get to the middle, the insides won't be dangerous. You can't wash and dry hay or bedding...it would mold. Even if he only pees on it or something, it could get yucky.

I didn't even think of that, I'm glad you mentioned it! I'm sure I have some old fleece pj's or something to cut up and put inside. And that will give me materials to make even MORE! Thanks alot!!!

Back