Craigslist FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaytlinnn

So I've been checking CL daily for ferret nations and chins, even though I won't be getting anything until close to November. I'm just addicted to researching chins and for some reason I can't help looking online for them even though I KNOW theres not point in it. All its been doing is making me not want to wait and rescue some of those poor chins with crappy owners. Anyways, I thought I would share a funny CL post about a used FN.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/pet/5143232157.html

"Selling Midwest Ferret Nation cage. Minor rusting but otherwise in good shape. Good for Ferrets, Chinchillas, Rats or other small animals. New price is close to $400. Selling for $200 firm."

Surprisingly, a lot of people are tying to get 150-200 dollars for their used FN. Obviously this guy did no research because he's claiming its 400 dollars new? :rofl: It has no pans, is rusting, and looks a little beat up. I half want to send this guy a link to ferret.com where the FN is only about 208 with 5 dollar shipping.

When I do finally buy myself one of these, I'm definitely printing out the page ad bringing it. I'm not paying close to retail for a cage missing half its things (which I don't need anyways, but they dint know that).

Well depending on where he bought it I know some pet stores up here charge $500+ for a new FN cage, and this was when Petsmart was selling them for $250 (or less if you caught a sale) here. So it is possible that he really did pay $400 for the cage, not everyone buys or even can buy online. I'm not saying that the guy should charge that much, just that he probably got ripped off and is hoping someone else wont know so he can at least get back half of what he paid. Just like people wanting/expecting to sell all the plastic junk they bought with the chin because the pet store told them chins need all of it and they spent a lot of money on it.

I've gotten two CN's off CL, I paid $50 for one, and the other was $75... but that one came with about $150 of stuff (ledges, toys, etc) from Whimsy's Menagerie, so honestly I would have paid more, but that's what the seller was asking.

I'm always shocked when I see people trying to sell them for $200+ I bought a brand new FN for only $99 two years ago.

Yeah there are a bunch of people selling them without pans or rusted for around 100-120. One person is trying to sell a one level FN for 75. He included a pic of the plate that has the version number, and it said it was a 142...I guess he took the top off? I would definitely take it, but the problem is that I want to get a two level and theres no way to buy a 143 unless someone just happens to be selling one on CL.

As far as buying new FN's, I'm kinda shocked that some places sell them for 500. The HIGHEST I've ever seen one was in a store at Petco or Petsmart, and it was maybe 300. And that was a while ago, when they were pricier. Getting them now, in store with no deals or coupons, is around 280 where I live. But thats if you buy at the highest price.

If I was getting my chins now (which I wish I was) theres a girl selling a pair of girls (one standard and one white) in a double level FN complete with wood ledges and an awesome set up, for only 300, but she was negotiable on the price. I'm dying to take them home, especially since she seems knowledgable about chins, and they look fairly healthy from the pictures included!

Back