Cozy 'n Fresh Litter?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibyte

Zombie Lurker
Has anyone ever used Cozy 'n Fresh pet litter?
I found some at Tractor Supply and plan to use it in tangent with fleece liners, it’s made from kiln-dried pine and supposedly super-absorbent.

I tested a piece in a cup of water and it 'frayed' and 'dissolved' (it looks like mush now).

Does this mean the litter is safe to use? For anyone who is using litter, what does your's do?
Thanks so much!

I would be afraid that if they ate some it could mess up the digestive system and make them sick based on it turning to mush. Just my opinion but I would stick with what is tried and tested for safety. Maybe some has used it with success but I would wait before you try it for a better response.

Is it their version of pine shavings? Or made into some kind of pelleted form? I went to a Tractor Supply recently and wasn't impressed by their regular pine shavings.

If it is similar to carefresh don't use it. Carefresh has been known to cause impaction. Just stick with pine shavings. That is your safest bet.

I went to a Tractor Supply recently and wasn't impressed by their regular pine shavings.

I get my shaving there, and I'm quite happy with it. Which one were you looking at? They have two different ones, Fine and Flaked. I use Fine. The other one, flaked would never do in my opinion.

Kind of reminds me of feline pine, that stuff was awful, when it got wet it looked like a pile of oatmeal.

I finally found a link to the stuff online:
http://www.ferret.com/item/planetwise-cozy-n-fresh-pellet-pet-litter-20lbs/650408/

It's made by Planetwise and is pretty much compressed pine shavings.

I had a chance to play with it some more and it reminds me of my hay cubes.

It is not anything like carefresh, (which I’ve used before for other animals), Carefresh expands, this stuff frays (like a hay cube that’s half-munched), and dissolves.

(Postscript: Found the company's website; http://www.planetwiseproducts.com/cozynNp.htm; They also make Equine Fresh if anyone has experience with that)

EDIT: I’m not trying to be insistent that its good or anything, I just wanted to clear up that it is not carefresh, at all.

Last edited:
AZChins, this stuff is brown, not purple. I’d soak a piece in water (~15 mins) and see what it does before letting the chinnies at it...
The only purple bedding I’ve ever seen is Carefresh.

Edit: I just looked it up, Katyee's version of Carefresh is Clean n Cozy, which is available in purple.
It is not to be consumed. I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot poll ;)

The stuff I have is Cozy n Fresh by Planetwise.
Goodness, that would be an awful mix up...

Back