Concern about a hair ring check

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargrazer

furry pet mom
I hope this is the right area to ask.
It pertains to a hair ring check I did on Remi this morning. It had been about three weeks since I checked ( I know I should have checked sooner but he has been clear so far). When I went to check him I found he had bulges under his skin that were on each side of his man part that I had not noticed before. It made it difficult to check him and he started to whine (which he hasn't done before) but did not try to bite me. I was afraid I was hurting him but was able to check him.
I am now concerned he has a malady as I have not encountered these bulges before and I do not know chinchilla anatomy well. He has hit puberty in the last couple of months and I assume it has to do with part of his sexual anatomy.
I wanted to check here first though in case I am wrong and need to get him to a vet.
His health has been very good, he eats well (PANR & timmy hay), gets a couple of healthy treats a day (cheerio, chin cookie piece or piece of shredded wheat), and has pooping and peeing normally. He has lots of energy too.
I am probably just being an overly concerned chin parent but wanted to ask here as you all have more experience with chins than I do having only owned Remi since January.
Thank you for any advice!

Could be his testicals "growing in", but no reason to whine. If the lumps aren't in that area, try to post some pictures.

That's a lot of reason to whine, you're violating his newly growed in man parts!

I have some pictures of chinballs and rings here, but you can see they don't sit that close to the penis (they're the crusty yellow looking bits). He could also be slightly swollen and sore from over mounting things if he's really becoming active.

I looked at your pictures but he doesn't have as much hair in his nether regions and definitely no yellow stuff. he is pretty clean in that area. Just the bulges I felt and visually saw when I checked him. He does hump things a lot though and didn't consider that aspect of him possibly being sore. He has two stuffed animals he jumps on but he never stays on for more than a couple seconds and never completes his transaction with the toy.
I was able get pictures of his man area and the bulges are next to his penis under the skin and seem rather large compared. The wet area is the remains of the KY gel I used to check him with.
I will assume he is a normal growing boy and wont worry about it much more.

Attachments

• nether regions.jpg
    nether regions.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 39
  • nether regions 2.jpg
    nether regions 2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 36
Back