Cold or damage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaeway

Scurries!!!
So I ame down stairs I found shadow Moche's half of the cage this morning. How I don't know but they seemed ok so I left it alone. They fought a little while I was at work, I found fur, but what worries me is Moche's nose. It looks like it's been draining just a tad or hit/scratched. Nothing in his fur just nose. I know chins breath through their noses so I'm worried. What ever it is it seems kinda dry now. He won't let me touch it. He's not acting strange. What should I be looking for? Could he be sick? Will he suffocate and die soon? He's my special baby. I just don't want to not worry when I should. What are the signs of a cold in chins? Hmm..he iseating fine. He just went to wipe his nose and paused then softly did half like we do when we hurt and we move before thinking. Could it be a scratch?

If you suspect the running from the nose isn't injury related, then I would have him vet checked for a upper respiratory tract infection. They happen fast in chins, and are deadly. If you can't tell whether it's from an injury or not, I would get him checked to be safe.

Oh how quickly can a respitory infection set in and become deadly?3 hrs, 10? Or doesit just depend on the chin? Moche is really healthy. It did look like scratch or bite marks on the tip top of his nose and the part between nostrils. He's still going to the vet though.

Latest posts

Back