Closed eye

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanya

Hi.
My chin has closed eye with some white pus (dunk, discharged - sorry my english is bad). I called my vet, she recommended saline solution and dexamethasone neomycin drops. Are this drops good for chins?
Thanks

With Dexamethasole ceomycin those mostly are used for bacterial infection. Only provide that if diagnosed by the doc. So if you haven't brought your chin in the vet I would only stick with the saline solution.

Usually pus is a sign of infection, did the vet see the chin? Did she give you drops or do you have them from a previous time? I would be worried that there is a scratch or something on the eye. I would start with cleaning the eye with a warm damp cloth, then flush with saline and see how things are in the next day or two. Sometimes this can happen because dust or something gets into the eye and irritates it.

Thanks!
He has escherichia coli, my vet just called me and tell me results. She recommended Tobrex if I can found it, Tobramycin (active formula).

Back