Cleaning with bleach.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charliespooks

I wanna start introducing two chins and I heard that you have to make the new cage neutral and scent-clean. I have a ferret nation with the original plastic pans that I cover with fleece liners.
I know of the vinegar cleaning solution used for both hard and cloth surfaces. As well, I've heard people using bleach for liners. Would it be safe to make a watered down bleach cleaner for the plastic pans too?
Also, how much bleach do people use for a small load in a washing machine for their liners/hammocks and whatnot?

i wash my pans (plastic) with 50/50. half warm water and half white distilled vinegar.
for washing fleece i use two tablespoons of baking soda and a laundry cup (like the cup that you use for detergent) of white distilled vinegar.
i completely rinse out the detergent cup though so that theres no smell.

I use the exact same stuff as Keisha does. I used it all before I introduced my two boys and it worked out fine. Rearranging the cage is another good idea. I either washed all my wood with the vinegar and water and then sanded it when it dried or just put new shelves in.

You can also use peroxide to clean the shelves and plastic pan. It does not leave a harmful residue, even if you don't rinse it.

Back