Chins in the Kitchen

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mork is in the Kitchen, mostly because when he could see Sonya he would go CRAZY. He is as far away from the stove as possible, and we don't really cook on the stove. He is near the kitchen table, but is poop doesn't reach that far, even when he flings it, and we mostly eat in the living room anyway.
Rodya and Sonya are in the living room, Sonya's cage is on top of Rodya's. On the floor next to them is Florence, my hamster. While he is in quarantine, Pico is in my bedroom. Next to my headboard. He's sweet, if I go to sleep without playing with him for a little bit, he'll make 'I'm lonely' sounds. What a sweetie! :kiss:
Raptor, my parrotlet, is also in my bedroom. He is about 10 feet away from Pico. They don't know the other exists, as far as I'm aware. I leave Raptor's cage door open so that he can climb out onto his play gym when he wants, since he's usually up before me, and sometimes if I wake up and don't say hello to him, he will try to fly over to me. His wings are clipped, so he ends up landing on the floor and walking over really fast and then demanding in bird speak that I pick him up lol.
Anyone seen a bird walk really fast? It looks so funny :D

We have Sesame placed as far away possible from the kitchen. Depending on what we're cooking, we've noticed that Sesame will seek lower ground and try to hide away if the cooking smells or grease is particularly strong. It seems to bother her if we're grilling something or frying something.

The only other concern I would have about placing chins near the kitchen is dust. After giving a dust bath, my chin becomes a hopping dust cloud. I would just worry about a possible higher chance of ingesting residue dust.

I set up Louie's cage right next to the kitchen. The only window air conditioner in my apartment is in the kitchen window, and I wanted him to be close to that. When the temperature starts to drop here I will probably move him to a different location, where there is less of a chance of stray poops finding their way into my kitchen supplies. :thumbsup:

All of my "kids" are on the far wall in my kitchen.

P4250875.jpg

:wink2:

Back