chins and vacuums

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perabalaofmystery

so ive been wondering are anyone's chins obsessed with vacuums?
my chins for some reason get really happy when i vacuum. they run around the cage popcorning as im cleaning my living room.

i also vacuum debris out of the cage (i usually have the chins out playing when i do that) but i was out of it last night and just opened it up with them in there (woops) and . all they did was excitedly watch as i sucked up the mountains of poo.
i find it odd that they arent scared of it in the least.
heck my cat will run "screaming" from the room if i so much as move the vacuum even if its off.
i just find it weird..

Since day one, whenever I vacuum their cage, they act like yours and rush up to me to see what I am doing.
They never run away from it and always try to jump on it or sniff it.
It's fun that they act the way they do, but it makes me more nervous about cleaning their cage...

Always afraid that they will get their tail in or something(and break it) and I won't be fast enough to disable it, so for now I try to keep them away from it when I am cleaning :D

Yeah, we vacuum out our chins' cages while they're playing, and they are positively enthralled by it. We bought a small handheld vacuum with a hose and off switch by the handle for quick shutoff, just in case they got too curious, but have yet to have to use it in that context. My biggest problem is keeping them from chewing on the hose when I'm not looking, or if we've left it within reach...you know, "just for a second".

Zoidberg is absolutely fascinated with the vacuum. He always tries to sniff at it and I'm always afraid his whiskers are going to get sucked off! We only use the small hand vac in the cage when their in there, because the nozzle isn't big enough for him to get sucked in, and the shut off is always under my thumb. Rufus on the other hand, hates the vacuum. He just hides in his house while it's out.

yea it is funny how chins are fascinated by the vacuum. I use a shop vac that makes a lot of noise and it doesn't bother them in the least. Some seem to like it as some of you have stated. My cats and dog go running but not the chins. Silly chins

One of the first times when I vaccumed while my chin was out for playtime, she sniffed the vaccumed and jump on it and rode around on it for a while. It was the weirdest thing how she wouldn't get off, so I had to nudge her off beacuse I didn't want her falling!

She doesn't enjoy it much anymore, espeically when she's sleeping. Chins need there beauty sleep, I guess ;)

My guys love the vacuum, I just use a small hand held one for the room they are in, and when i'm vacuuming around there cage, they are right there holding onto the cage trying to get at it.
My cat as well, can't stand it. I was actually nervous years ago about the vacuum thinking it'd be too loud and scare them, but it's just the opposite.

My chins are funny, they don't care they just act like nothing is happening, they are to *cool* to pay attention i guess :)

Amp could not be less interested in the vacuum when I'm cleaning the room shes in, but if I pop off the little attachment to spot-clean the poo in her cage, its suddenly the most exciting thing ever. Since its just the hose end she can't get into it or onto it, but she can certainly ride around on my elbow while I pretty the place up a bit.

My female is not a fan of excessive noise, but my male loves the vacuum. He will pounce on it and try to bite whatever he can. I think he thinks it's some sort of monster he needs to stand up to. lol :D

When Maia was younger, she would attack it while I was vacuuming, but Boji never seemed to care one way or the other. Both Nixi and Buddha squeeze under the door of the closet my vacuum is kept in so that they can get their one on one time with it. Once they're in, they explore it, sniff it, taste test it and always fall asleep on it. It's the only door I haven't put a barrier under because their reactions are just so funny!

Back