ChinProofing A Room

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I use the cardboard method too... put it all around the walls if the spare room, then strategically placed wooden tunnels to hold it all up. Even nailed a wheel to the side of an old desk so they can run on that too!
Here's a pic of my old chin Baby J playing in there.....

Attachments

• playroom-J.jpg
    playroom-J.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 27
Newt- that looks awesome! I wish we had a spare room. I have yet to decide where I want our chins playtime to be. I have time, since they won't be allowed playtime until July when they are old enough. Options currently are the Kitchen (most likely), our room and the bathroom.

Thanks! I learned the hard way though....after many chunks were taken out of the baseboard!!
Funny though: despite all the things in there to play with, my Rosey's favourite "climbing frame" is still me heheheh

Here's what I did for my bedroom: I blocked her from going behind the TV (using a filing box on one side and the shelf from my FN on the other). For the rest of the cords along or next to the wall, I either just unplug them and put them up or I just covered them with some extra fleece lying around. I'm pretty sure you can use other fabrics to cover cords, too; just make sure she doesn't chew on them. You'll definitely want to find a way to cover your cords asap.
When she was in another room she would try chewing the wall, so I had the cardboard slabs against it like someone else mentioned. But she hasn't tried that yet in this room, thankfully.

Back