Chinnie colors!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil_Branchette

I've been reading posts about mosaic chins, and all kinds of other chins. What color are they, exactly? It's a little difficult to picture....

Mosaics are white with another color, usually grey, splotched over their coat. Not every mosaic has the same pattern. Most white chins are mosaics so if you look through the forums and see a white chin, it's probably a mosaic you're looking at.

A white chinchilla that isn't a PW (pink ears, red eyes) basically, is a mosaic. Then people break them down into white/ebs, white/violets, white/sapphires so that you know what is in their lines.

Panda mosaics, upside down mosaics, purple polka dotted mosaics - they are just mosaics.

I have two mosaics: Minnie and Trousers. Their coat patterns are VERY different. Minnie has dark ears and the base of her tail is dark, and Trousers has dark ears and looks like she is wearing dark gray pants (pics of both in chin chat section). The cool thing about mosaics is that no two are exactly alike.

Are you curious about other colors too? I remember someone posting a thread about the different colors with lots of pictures...

Tunes said it.

I have a lot pictures of different types of whites on my site.

Yes, there's a couple threads around here with a bunch of mosaic pictures...

Yep, I agree with Tunes too.

Here are some pictures of some of the whites I've had here. You can see they are marked quite differently.

Attachments

• dsc_0905.jpg
    dsc_0905.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 10
  • dsc_0937_00.jpg
    dsc_0937_00.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 9
  • dsc_0867.jpg
    dsc_0867.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back